{ 55 }

── ──

The next day during breakfast, Y/n examined her course schedule. Fred, George, and Lee were discussing methods to aging themselves to bluff their way into the tournament.

"Guys." She tried getting their attention but they continued discussing. "Guys!"

They turned to look at her. "What?"

"Your schedules. What classes do you have?"

The three boys looked down at their schedules and looked to the Monday column.

"I have Potions first." Lee told her. "I have Defense Against the Dark Arts." She sighed.

Fred patted her back. "So do I! So we'll be together." He smiled to which she returned. They then began to discuss the tournament once again and she sighed, rolling her eyes.

Angelina and Alicia scoffed from across the table. "Boys." They muttered.

"I hope the Professor isn't as scary as he looks." Alicia groaned. "Or insane." Y/n muttered.

── ──

She sat beside Alicia in her class of Defense Against the Dark Arts.

The classroom was dark as usual. Tensions were high. Some knew of the ex-Auror Alastor Moody.

He walked in with his wooden leg thudding loudly against the wooden floor. He looked around, his magical eye was vigorously looking from corner to corner of the room.

People tried avoiding staring at his grotesque appearance. Especially the missing chunk of his nose.

"Alastor Moody." He introduced himself. "Ex-Auror. And your new defense against the dark arts professor, only because Dumbledore asked me. End of story. Goodbye, the end!"

Y/n and Alicia shared a look of utter confusion to each other.

"Any questions?" He asked.

No one said anything.

"When it comes to the dark arts, I believe in a practical approach." He looked around to all their confused faces. "Who can tell me how many unforgivable curses there are?"

"Three, sir." Alicia answered. "And they are so named?" She hesitated for a bit. "Because they are unforgivable..."

He wrote on the board. "Any use of one will grant you a one way ticket to Azkaban."

"The ministry may think you're too young to see what these curses do, but i say otherwise. You need to know what you're up against, and you need to be prepared!"

The class flinched at his abrupt yelling.

"Who can give me one unforgivable curse?" He stepped closer. "Weasley!" He shouted, looking to Fred. "Give us a curse."

"Uhh... well... my dad did mention the, uh... Imperius curse."

"Yes, your father would know a bit about that one. Gave the ministry quite a bit of grief a few years ago." Moody nodded.

"Perhaps this will show you why." He walked towards a jar of spiders and picked one out, closing the container right after.

Pointing his wand to the spider, he casted the spell, "Imperio". He began to control the spider, making it fly in different directions.

Alicia shrieked once the spider landed on her desk. She slapped it away, holding onto Y/n for support. The spider then landed on Fred's head and everyone laughed, including Fred.

Moody wasn't laughing, he looked angry at all of them. "You find it funny? How would you like it if I'd done it to you?" The class then went silent. "What should I have her do next? Jump out the window?"

The atmosphere turned tense once again as he flicked the spider over to the open window with his wand. The spider's legs were kicking wildly as it hovered over the window.

"Maybe... drown herself?" With the flick of his wand, the spider was now hovering over a bucket of water. He brought the spider back to his hand.

"Many wizards and witches have claimed that they only did You-Know-Who's bidding under the influence of the Imperius curse. But here's a thought, how do we sort out the liars?"

He looked around. "C'mon, c'mon, another."

Students now began to raise their hands. He pointed to Y/n who didn't have her hand raised. "You, Potter!"

"Uhm... uhh... the Cruciatus curse..." she spoke diligently, staring up at Moody.

"Yes, yes! Correct!" He walked back over to the spider which was resting on the table.

"Come, come." He motioned for her to walk over to his side. Y/n reluctantly yet hesitantly stood up, she could feel Fred's hand gently grip hers before she walked on over.

"Also known as...the torture curse." He spoke, pointing his wand at the spider then speaking out loud, "crucio."

The spider began to shriek loudly and whither in pain. It could be heard throughout the whole classroom. Y/n's face contorted into one of uncomfortableness and disturbance. Her eyebrows furrowed and a lump grew in her throat as she tried her best to bite her tongue.

She wanted to scream at the sick bastard.

"Stop it, stop it!" She shouted. Moody looked at her, pulling his wand away. He cleared his throat as he picked the spider back up.

"Perhaps you could give us the last curse." He looked at her. "You should know it."

Y/n looked towards Fred, his face was expressing different emotions. He expressed concern towards her and anger towards him.

She looked back at Moody, her face expressing her uncomfortableness. "The killing curse..." she muttered softly, loud enough for him to hear.

Moody brought the spider back onto the desk and set it down, for a moment he spared a glance to her. She was staring at the spider, concentrated but yet emotionless with a sense a guilt and sadness in her heart.

"Avada kedavra!" He casted, the spider dying immediately. The green spark of light had caused Y/n to flinch, she quickly stepped back and sat in her seat once again. Alicia rubbed her shoulder, comfortingly.

"Only one person has been known to survive it." He looked at Y/n. Y/n stared up at him, eyes narrowed.

He turned away, taking out a flash and drinking out of it.

Y/n glared at the back of his head. 'Crazy son of a bitch, you haggard old drunk.' She continued to curse him out in her head.

── ──

When class was over, Y/n quickly walked out of there. Alicia and Fred followed after her.

"Y/n, wait! Are you alright?" Alicia called out to her, rushing to her side. Fred stood at her side but he didn't say anything. He was angry that that Professor would even do that.

He huffed and growled lowly. "He'll pay. I'll get him back for that."

Y/n sighed. "It's fine, I'm alright..." she muttered. "Clearly not. I saw your face, it brought back unwanted memories, didn't it?" He eyed her, he knew the truth, but would she admit it?

Alicia frowned, holding her friend's hands. "Please, Y/n... you don't have to hide your feelings from us."

Y/n smiled at them, muttering softly, "I know..." the three walked to their next class, Fred's heart filled with concern and worry.

He wanted to lift all her sorrows and ease all her pain, but could he really subdue her woes?