{ 85 }

── ──

It wasn't long until the Ministry began to interfere at Hogwarts.

"BY ORDER OF THE HIGH INQUISITOR OF HOGWARTS

All student organisations, societies, teams, groups and dubs are henceforth disbanded.
An organisation, society, team, group or club is hereby defined as a regular meeting of three or more students.

Permission to reform may be sought from the High Inquisitor (Professor Umbridge).

No student organisation, society, team, group or club may exist without the knowledge and approval of the High Inquisitor.

Any student found to have formed, or to belong to, an organisation, society, team, group or club that has not been approved by the High Inquisitor will be expelled.

The above is in accordance with Educational Decree Number Twenty- four.
Signed: Dolores Jane Umbridge, High Inquisitor."

Y/n irked as she read the notice board. She quickly rushed out the common room and made her way to the Great Hall.

There, she spotted Harry, Hermione and Ron surrounded by people. "Harry! Fred!" She rushed over to them, a desperate expression on her face.

"Don't worry, we're still going to—"
She cut him off. "You realize she's including Quidditch as well, right?"

"What?!" Ron and Harry shouted. "No way."

"It mentions teams! We have to go and ask permission to reform the Gryffindor team, so I am going to tell you this for the last time; do not lose your temper against Umbridge again or she might not let us play."

"Okay, okay... I'll behave myself." He complied, seeing that his sister was on the complete verge of tears— as well as strangling him if he were to land in detention again.

Maybe she'd strangle him while completely bawling her eyes out...

── ──

Y/n took a deep breath before knocking gently on the door to Umbridge's office. She'd rather spend her lunch elsewhere but this was important.

"Come in." She heard the girlish voice speak and she gently opened the door, stepping inside, once again gently closing the door behind her.

"Good afternoon, Professor Umbridge." Y/n greeted her, just as she would in class.

"Miss... Potter, correct?" Umbridge questioned, sipping her tea. "Yes, Professor."

"What can I do for you, dear?"

"I'm here regarding permission to reform the Gryffindor Quidditch team." She spoke eloquently. "I'd like for you to please grant us the permission to reform the team so that we may continue to play."

Umbridge smiled sickeningly as she sipped her tea. The pink walls seemed to be closing in as a bunch of cats stared at her.

Umbridge let out her high pitched "hem, hem" before setting the cup down. "I'll be needing some time to consider."