{ 64 }

── ──

It was the day of the first task.
The atmosphere in the school was one of great tension and excitement.

Lessons had stopped midday, which gave all the students time to get down to the enclosure where a great surprise awaited them.

Y/n had spotted Harry in lunch. He was a great ball of anxiety. She wanted to wish him luck but when he spared a glance to her and looked away, she knew they still weren't speaking.

But what did she expect? Both hurt each other with words and thoughts they had bottled up for years.

But knowing he had to face dragons— actual dragons, she was greatly worried for him.

Yet she felt as if she couldn't do anything but hope that he'd survive.

── ──

"Bets taken! Bets taken here!" Fred and George yelled out as the stadium had now been filled with hundreds of people.

Y/n took the money of people who would like to bet and handed them a lot number with the champion they betted on.

"One, for Fleur." She nodded at the man and handed him his lot number.

"You're doing so good, we're getting so many bets." Fred told her. "Business is booming." George added on as the two boys laughed.

The whistle rang which alerted everyone that the task was about to start.

Cedric went first.

The crowd roared and let out deafening cheers as Cedric entered the enclosure. It took him about 15 minutes and lots of risky moves and near death experiences to get the golden egg.

The judges held their marks up for Cedric then it was onto the next champion.

Fleur Delacour.

Y/n cheered for the girl loudly as she stepped out into the enclosure.

Ten minutes later, Fleur was successful in taking ahold of the golden egg. The crowd erupted into applause, a pause while her scores were shown, then more cheers.

"And here comes, Mr. Krum!" Bagman yelled out as Fleur exited out.

It didn't take long for Krum to grab the golden egg after a few daring moves.

And now, it was Harry's turn.

Y/n felt sick in her stomach. It was empty, which was probably a good thing that she didn't eat anything otherwise she would've thrown it all up on Hermione's head.

"And now, our fourth and final contestant!"

Harry stepped out into the enclosure and the crowd made a great deal of noise.

Y/n cheered for him. The Gryffindors began to chant Harry's name. But Harry seemed focused on something else.

Harry spotted the golden egg and began to stride over to it. But he was soon tumbled off course as the Horntail's tail smashed down next to Harry.

The crowd shared a collective gasp.

Y/n snatched Fred's binoculars from his hands and pressed them up to her eyes. Her heart raced as she watched Harry. She couldn't imagine how he was feeling.

The dragon continued to smash it's tail around Harry, causing him to tumble and fall. The dragon continued to spit fire at him.

"Your wand, Harry!" Hermione shouted. "Use your wand!"