{ 65 }

── ──

"Professor McGonagall! How are you this lovely morning?" Y/n approached her head of house with a basket of pastries, setting them down on the desk to her professor's office.

"Oh, Miss Potter, I'm doing well. Quite exhausted lately. How do you do?" She asked, looking into the basket.

"Mmm... exhausted." Y/n shared a smile with her professor as the two ladies began to eat a pastry from the basket. "So what's the latest news?" Y/n asked.

"I can't tell you what the second tournament is, Miss Potter." McGonagall spoke hotly.

Y/n sighed. "Wouldn't do me much good if my brother isn't speaking to me. Tea?"

"Yes, dear. And why is that?" McGonagall rose a brow, pulling out her tea set.

"We said some things and now neither one of us speaking to the other." Y/n put down her raspberry filled custard down and pulled a bottle of hot tea out from the basket. "Doesn't matter... the things he said... he had a point."

"I'm sure eventually you'll both come around. On the other hand, i do have some other news." McGonagall spoke with a slight twinkle in her eye. But soon that expression shifted into one of great annoyance.

"The Yule Ball— a traditional part of the Triwizard Tournament— is coming up. Very formal. It is a chance for all to... let their hair down."

Y/n softly giggled before clearing her throat. "And would you perhaps be letting your hair down, Professor?" She spoke with a teasing tone as she continued to giggle.

"Of course not." McGonagall spoke as if it was the most ludicrous thing ever. "I believe my hair is formal just the way it is."

"Well, make sure to wear your fanciest dress robes, Professor. You might meet someone."

"I wholeheartedly wish not to. This, Miss Potter, might be your chance to... how do I say this?... get with a certain redhead?" McGonagall's eyes glimmered.

Y/n's face reddened at the thought of her going to the Yule Ball with Fred.

They'd be together. Dancing. Close to one another. And possibly, they'd kiss.

"Whatever thoughts you are having, please erase them. You look like a cherry."

Y/n broke out of her thoughts. "Well, thank you for that insight, Professor. Now, I have a class to get to. Enjoy the pastries." She quickly stood and made her way out of there.

Her heart was beating so fast, it could nearly jump out of her heart.

── ──

News of the Yule Ball spread fast.
Fourth years and up signed up to stay for Christmas. As expected, they were excited.

And everyone seemed to be contemplating on who to take to the Yule Ball.

"This is your chance, man!" Lee told his friend, Fred. "This is the perfect opportunity to ask Y/n out!"

"It has to be perfect." George said.
"Spectacular." Lee added.
"Show stopping." George continued.
"Absolutely amazing." Lee exclaimed.

"It has to be special." Fred firmly added. "She'll be so out of words, that the only word she says is, yes!" He exclaimed.

"Boys. We've got work to do. We have to come up with the absolute most special way to ask Y/n to be my date to the Yule Ball."

Lee and George high fived. "Let's get to it!"

── ──

"Perhaps you should ask him. You can't just wait around, y'know?" Y/n spoke to her friend, Angelina. "You've liked him since first year."

"But he's my best friend!" She cried out. "What if he doesn't like me like that?"

"Then it's his loss!" Alicia firmly exclaimed.

"How would I even ask him?" Angelina asked.

"Toss him a piece of paper with the words, 'Be my date to the Yule Ball'?" Alicia jokingly suggested.

Y/n began to snicker. "That is possibly the worst way to ask someone. Makes it seem like you don't even care."

"At least do it in a way that could be completely special to the two of you." Alicia suggested. Y/n nodded in agreement.

"And what about you two?"

Alicia shrugged. "I haven't given it much thought... I could just go with Lee. As friends though!" She quickly added.

"Well, I'm sure Y/n has her date locked in." Angelina commented with a smirk.

Y/n looked away, her face reddening at the same thoughts she had before.

"Oh yeah, of course she does." Alicia agreed. "They don't even have to ask, they'd just show up and know to go with each other."

The two girls laughed as Y/n continued to blush. Angelina and Alicia stood in the middle of the room, and began to dance around.

"You look lovely tonight, Mrs Weasley."
"As do you, Mr Weasley." They laughed as they continued to dance around.

Y/n watched them, joining in on the laughter as well as her friends continued to amuse her in the most foolish of ways.

── ──

The Great Hall had been decorated to its greatest extent ever. During dinner, Fred and Y/n couldn't seem to stop throwing glances at each other.

Angelina kept nervously looking over at George and every time he'd catch her stare, she'd go red and look away which confused the poor boy.

Lee, on the other hand, was throwing every single corny pick up line he could at Alicia. And she was actually falling for it. She was laughing and laughing until he finally asked.

"I don't really know how to dance, but how about giving it a shot with me at the Yule Ball?" He asked her, with a charming little smirk and a whip of his hair.

Alicia giggled and smiled. "Sure, but don't be surprised if I show you up, I'm quite the dancer." She sent him a flirtatious little smirk with a simple wink. Lee could feel his heart flutter which crushed his smooth facade.

"T-That's cool, yeah, I'm cool with that." He fumbled over his words which caused all of them to laugh.

And so it was official; Alicia and Lee were going to the Yule Ball together.

Now only 4 out of the 6 needed dates.
And time was slowly coming to an end.

── ──

During breakfast, the boys; Fred, George, and Lee kept whispering away as they came up with the perfect plan to get Y/n Potter to go to the Yule Ball with Fred.

George then pulled away from the conversation when he spotted that Angelina walked in with Alicia and Y/n.

"So... Angie." He began to speak. His usual cool and jokester demeanor seemed to have slipped away as he began to talk to her.

"Yes?" She asked, her nerves were wrecking within her as she spoke hopefully.

"Well— I was wondering— would you—" he couldn't find the right words. So she found them for him.

"Would you like to go to the Yule Ball with me?" She asked him, smiling hopefully. He instantly lit up. "Yeah, yeah! You read my mind." He laughed and she giggled.

They both sat down, sparing glances to each other as they were absolutely smitten.

Which now left 2 out of the 6 without dates.

Y/n looked over to Fred who was looking at her, they seemed to be speaking with their eyes.

'Ask me.' Hers pleaded.
'Wait for me.' His spoke.