𝟗𝟗- 𝐧𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐚 𝐧𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐦

── ──

That morning, Y/n woke up pumped than ever. She had to make this training session count. Because their next match was approaching soon.

Very soon.

Like, tomorrow, soon.

She rushed to the Great Hall and was soon met by her Quidditch players. It saddened her to not see George, Fred, and Harry amongst them but nonetheless, she had a team.

So after they ate breakfast and made their way to the lockers to change, Y/n went over their plans for tomorrow's game.

"Now, we're going to go out there and practice these plays." She clasped her hands together, marching out of the locker room with her entourage.

── ──

And if she thought practice was horrible, the match was worse. The only good thing about it was that it was short.

Twenty two minutes of agony.

The only reason they weren't so far behind in points was because of Ginny catching the snitch.

Back in the common room, Y/n sat with an ice pack over her face, her lips cracked and bruised as well. She would've been less upset about it if it was from the other team.

But no, her wounds were from her incompetent teammate who hit her with his bat when he missed the Bludger.

Meanwhile, Ron sat hunched over, staring at his knees with his bottle of Butterbeer in hand. Y/n wouldn't let him resign, she had faith in him. She's seen him play before, without the crowds, and she knew he was good.

"I haven't even got the heart to make a mockery out of him..." Fred muttered, walking over to his girlfriend and standing beside her. She looked up at him, looking utterly defeated. He couldn't even bring himself to make a joke to her.

She'd just brush it off anyways. So he sat next to her and laid his head to rest on her shoulder.

She yawned softly, laying her head on his.

── ──

Time and time went on.
And Umbridge's grip on the school kept getting tighter.

The Quibbler was banned.
Harry viewed into Voldemort's head again.
Trelawney was sacked as a professor and despite Umbridge's efforts, she still remained in the castle.

Everything was just starting to seem like one bad thing after another.
The only things to look forward to were the DA meetings.

They had finally started to learn to conjure Patronuses. Y/n attempted it before but she was feeling rather depressed under the effects of a dementor.

"Make it a powerful memory. The happiest you can remember. Allow it to fill you up." Harry told them.

Y/n thought to herself, "I have loads of happiest memories... so why isn't one working?" Were they not happy enough? Was she not happy enough? Was she ever truly happy or perhaps she allowed herself to believe she was but truly she never was.