{ 18 }

── ──

Y/n and Ron tried coming up with ideas to clear the rocks. She couldn't explode the rocks because she didn't want to risk exploding the whole tunnel.

Ron suggested they push the rocks out of the way but honestly, neither of them were strong enough to do that. But it was their only good idea, so together they pushed the rocks but after the third rock, they were tired and decided to rest.

"How's Lockheart doing? He's quiet." She muttered to him. Ron grabbed a pebble and threw it towards Lockheart's direction. "OW!" They heard him yell. Ron sighed. "Still alive."

"Dammit." She responded, leaning her head back on the rock.

"Ron... tell me something. How long have you, my brother, and Hermione as well been sneaking around school investigating all of this about the chamber of secrets and the heir of Slytherin? And be honest. No more secrets and no more bullshitting." She turned to look at him.

Ron looked at her. He gulped and decided to tell her, since she was already there. He went on to explain about how Dobby tried to warn Harry from coming back, how he stopped them from getting on the train to Hogwarts, how Dobby was the one who jinxed the bludger to chase Harry. He then explained how Harry started hearing voices since the first attack, he told her about the polyjuice potion, and so forth.

Y/n nodded and listened to every word. She was about to speak before staring up as a bird flew past them and towards the direction where Harry was.

"The bloody hell was that thing?!" Ron shrieked. Y/n shrugged. "It was carrying the sorting hat..." she said, confusedly.

── ──

It had felt like hours. Y/n kept her head back, eyes closed. Ron was probably falling asleep as he laid his head on her shoulder.

"Y/n.... have you ever wondered what you would do if you came face to face with You Know Who?" Ron asked her.

Her eyes opened, glancing at him. She didn't respond for a moment. She thought about it.

"I would... kill him...
I would risk my life if it meant avenging my parents... that's what I'd do..." she responded, staring ahead.

Before Ron could respond, they could hear rumbling coming from where Harry was. They both jolted up, Ron was about to run to Harry's location but Y/n pulled him back. "Don't! You stay with Lockheart, I'll go!"

Ron didn't get the chance to respond as Y/n ran off to Harry's location. So Ron stood back and stayed with Lockheart.

── ──

When Y/n arrived at the scene, she saw the bird attacking the basilisk. Harry was in front of the basilisk, and another man who looked to be a prefect, was standing there.

She stayed out of sight for a while, thinking of what her next move should be. But what she witnessed next caused her to carelessly move.

The snake's tail thrashed and as it was about to hit Harry, Y/n ran over to Harry, she dropped to the ground and enveloped Harry into a tight hug as she rolled both of them out of harm's way.

"Y/n!? You shouldn't be here!"
"Is that anyway to thank me!? Nows not the time to be arguing!"

When they looked up, they came face to face with the basilisk. But something was off.

The basilisk had been blinded.

"So who's the guy?" She asked Harry, as the guy that was there started to scream in fury.

"That's Tom Riddle. He's Voldemort." He spatted, as they turned to look at Tom with hate in their eyes. 'It's a shame he's cute.' Y/n thought to herself and shook her head, as if shaking the thought away.

Y/n could hear Tom hissing and she recognized it as parseltongue. She stood up, pulling Harry up and they both ran out of harms way as the bird kept circling the basilisk, poking at it while singing its song.

As they were running, the sorting hat fell right in front of them. The basilisk had swept it towards them. Y/n's eyes widened when she noticed something gleaming from within the hat. She kneeled down and pulled a silver gleaming sword out, the handle had rubies the size of eggs.

On the blade was engraved: "Godric Gryffindor". Y/n knew what it was.

"What is it?" Harry asked. "The sword of Gryffindor... I've only seen it once. The twins and i tried stealing it before..."

They turned once they heard crashing, the basilisk was slithering around, hitting pillars in its way. The snake opened its mouth, wide enough to swallow them whole. They both lunged out of the way and the snake hit the wall. Y/n had rolled and dropped the sword.

The snake lunged again, and Y/n could see its tongue hit Harry's side. Y/n quickly picked up the sword and ran to Harry, once the basilisk opened its mouth, she swung the sword and raised it up, stabbing through the roof of the snake's mouth.

But once the blood dripped, Y/n could feel a stinging pain in her arm. The basilisk had driven a large fang into her arm. It dug deeper and deeper until it splintered off once the basilisk fell to its side, twitching.

Y/n dropped to her knees, dropping the sword and gripping the fang that dug into her arm and she grimaced as she pulled it out. But she knew it was too late. The poison was rushing through her body and the blood from her arm was dripping onto her pajamas.

Harry dropped to her side. "The poison is rushing through your body!" He panicked. "We have to do something!"

Y/n looked at him, her vision was foggy. "We both know we can't..." she placed a hand to his cheek, smiling softly. "Why would you do that?! Why would you risk your life for mine? Why would you come down here?!"

She kissed his forehead. "Because you're my family... and you are to die for." She whispered weakly, her hand started slipping away from his cheek as her body fell to the ground.

Y/n was slowly running out of time.
And she knew it.