{ 69 }

── ──

The new term had soon began.
And it was already off to a bad start.

Rita Skeeter had published an article about Hagrid's true nature. She exposed him for being half giant.

After the article was published, Hagrid wasn't seen for a week. Halfway through January there was a Hogsmeade visit and Hagrid still wasn't seen.

But nonetheless, the group of six went to Hogsmeade. The rest weren't affected by Hagrid's disappearance but Y/n knew that Harry was definitely taking it harder than anyone.

It was moments like these where she wished that she was still talking to him.

── ──

Making their way into The Three Broomsticks, Fred spotted Ludo Bagman.

He and George quickly made their way over to him. "Hello, Mr. Bagman!" Fred greeted him brightly. "Can we buy you a drink?" He offered.

"No, thank you, boys..." Bagman rejected their offer. Fred and George certainly looked disappointed.

Once Bagman left, Y/n looked to Harry. "What'd he want with you?" She asked him.

"That's not really your business." He told her. He turned to walk away but instead, Y/n grabbed him by his collar and pulled him out of the pub and into somewhere less crowded.

"What the hell was that for?!" He shouted at her. "Can you stop acting like a prick already? Okay, I get that we both said some shit but can we move past that already?"

"Move past that? Do you hear yourself? You said that I'm your physical reminder of the night our parents died. Is that why you left? You couldn't bare seeing me anymore?" His voice felt cold but the words he spoke were genuine and full of raw emotion.

"That's not it... I— I... I had to go. I was dying there, I was suffocating, alright?"

"Don't you think I know that? But why didn't you take me with you? I was a child and you were my rock. You should've protected me! Instead, you ran away and abandoned me."

Y/n silently stared at him before looking down. "I was a child too..." she whispered, loud enough for him to hear.

Before any of them could continue to speak, they heard clapping from behind. When they turned to look, their faces quickly turned into a scowl.

It was Rita Skeeter.

"Such raw display of emotions! Almost made me shed a tear. How should we headline this, Bozo? Oh, and can you reenact that? Just so I can get a good photo!"

"Sticking your nose in other people's business again, are you?" Y/n hissed at her. "Are you here to ruin someone else's life?" Harry narrowed his eyes at her.

"What'd you do that to Hagrid for?" He shouted. "Our readers have the right to know the truth." She told them.

"Who cares if he's half-giant?!" The two shouted at her. "There's nothing wrong with him!" Harry shouted.

"How about giving me an interview about the Hagrid you know? Would you perhaps call him a father substitute?" She smiled towards Harry.

"How about I shove that quill up your own ass?" Y/n inquired, staring at her with a fiery gaze. Hermione, Ron, Fred, and George had came out from the pub and were watching the conversation going on.

"You'd go after anybody, wouldn't you? Even Ludo Bagman—" Hermione piped in. "Hush, little girl." Rita spoke to her coldly. "I know things about Ludo Bagman that would make your hair curl, not that it needs it."