{ 42 }

── ──

June approached and the skies were endlessly blue with no gray clouds in sight.
Exams were upon them.

Students were obliged to remain inside and study. Even Fred and George had now started to take studying seriously.

Y/n sat at a table, her button up shirt was two buttons down which let the breeze from the window hit her chest. Her robes were set on top of the chair she sat at. The sleeves to her shirt were rolled up, her necklace dangling as she leaned over to look at her book.

Fred watched her from across the table, chewing on his food as he admired her. He glanced to her necklace which dangled in front of her exposed bit of skin. His eyes peered up when he felt the fiery stare of the girl in front of him. "Hi." He grinned. She scoffed. "Eyes on your paper, Weasley, not my chest."

"I wasn't! I was looking at your necklace." She rolled her eyes. "I bet..." she glanced up as she heard the flap of wings. It was Hedwig.

Y/n stood up, disregarding her stuff as she made her way over to Harry, Ron, and Hermione. "Is it about Hagrid's appeal?" She quickly asked them.

Fred sighed as he watched her walk away. He huffed and continued to study.

"Yeah..." Harry responded and he began to read. "It's set for the 6th...it's taking place here. Someone from the Ministry of Magic and... an executioner?!"

"What?!" Ron, Hermione, and Y/n all shrieked. "That sounds as if they've already decided!" Hermione said. "They can't!" Ron howled. "I spent ages reading up on stuff for him, they can't just ignore it all!" He spoke furiously.

"Yeah, well, I'm sure the Department had their mind made up for them the moment Lucius Malfoy spoke to them." Y/n scowled.

── ──

Exam week had started.

Y/n didn't really speak to any of her friends throughout the whole week. She remained focused on her exams, walking back and forth from classes to the common room.

At one point, minutes before her Transfiguration exam, Professor McGonogall found her with her head buried in her hands outside the corridor.

Her knuckles were bloodied and bruised, her hair was messed up which showed the clear signs that she had been frustrated and took it out on the wall as well as herself.

She vented to McGonogall about how Snape definitely unbiasedly failed her. Professor McGonogall offered her some Calming Draught.

At the end of the exam, Y/n sat still but soon stood up and walked to the common room.

She was done for the day and she kept assuring herself that she just had to get through it.

── ──

It was Thursday, time for lunch.

Y/n sat in the Great Hall. Fred was laying his head on her shoulder as she fed him pieces of bread. "You're like a pigeon." She told him.

He chuckled and turned his head, pecking her cheek.  She chuckled softly when she noticed Ron, Harry, and Hermione. They sat across from her, a few inches away.

Without warning, she slid over to them. Fred's body tilted as he fell from where he was once resting. "Hey— ow." He rubbed his elbow which banged against the table.

"They even got the axe ready! This isn't justice." Ron said. "Wait— axe? Why's the executioner here for the appeal?" She rose a brow. "That's not right."