{ 8 }

── ──

"Where are we going?" The redhead kept pestering the girl as she held his hand, leading him to Godric knows where. "Shut it, already, it's a surprise." She told him.

The redhead visibly smirked, tilting his head a bit. "Ohh, is that so~? And what exactly are you planning, love?" He spoke in a light, teasing voice. "Are we going to snog?"

The girl could feel her face flush. "You wish." She mumbled. "Oh but I do, you know I do." He told her. "Spare your jokes, we're here." She replied, letting his hand go.

"This is just the quidditch field." He said, looking around, searching for whatever her surprise could've been. She huffed, taking ahold of his hand again and walked towards the middle of the field. "When i was knocked down, I realized something." She told him as she sat down on the grass, looking up at him as she still held his hand.

He looked down at her, as he sat down beside her. "I promise I'll get them back for what they did to you during our next match!" He proclaimed, and by the sound of his voice, he was definitely serious. He glanced down, noticing his hand still held over hers. He smiled softly, glancing up to look into her eyes.

"I'll get them back as well. I've been practicing my elbow jabs!" She said proudly, flexing her arms and lightly tapping her elbow. "Anyways... they helped me realize something." She said, laying back onto the grass, staring up at the cloud filled sky. "And what's that?" Fred asked her, laying beside her, staring up at the sky as well.

"The view sure is beautiful from down here." She said softly, almost dreamily. He turned his head to look at her, smiling to himself. "It sure is..." he mumbled. She turned to look at him, smiling softly. "I wanted to share this with you." She turned on her side, facing him as she propped her head up with her arm. He turned as well, propping himself up.

"I feel special. Just me?" He asked, grinning.
"Just you." She replied.

Y/n stood up, Fred looking up at her. She looked down at him, smirking slightly before pulling her wand out. "What are you up to, Potter?" He questioned carefully. "Relax, I'm not planning anything." She told him, as she sat on her knees instead, pointing her wand to a spot in the grass, and with a quick flick she summoned a basket. "Lunch time~!" She chimed.

Fred peered into the basket, his eyes widening in delight at the variety of food inside. "This can't be just for us... Potter, if you wanted to have a date, you could've just asked instead of dragging me down here~" He teased, raising his eyebrows as he looked at her. "Don't ruin the moment." She told him, crossing her arms.

"I asked your mum for her fudge recipe..." she spoke lowly, rubbing the back of her neck. "You made them?" He questioned her, taking one of the fudges and propping it into his mouth. "I had the Hogwarts elves help, but yes...do you like it?" She stared at him, anxious of his response. "I love them! These are delicious!"

The two of them continued to enjoy their small picnic on the quidditch field. They talked, laughed, ate sandwiches, ate fudge, cake and pudding, and washed it all down with butterbeer. After they laid on the blanket, staring up at the clouds, pointing out shapes they saw.

Fred dipped a finger into the pudding, pressing his finger onto the girl's nose and laughed as he ran away. "Seriously!?" She exclaimed, as she stood up and ran after him. He stood in front of her, quickly dodging her as she tried to grab him. He continued to laugh, enjoying teasing the girl. She crossed her arms, puffing her cheeks.

"I give up." She told him. "Well that's no fun!" He told her, running towards her and effortlessly picking her up. She yelped, smacking his back. "Fred Weasley, put me down!" He ignored her request, spinning around while carrying her over his shoulder. "Are you sure about that?!" He questioned. She stared at the floor. "Nope, nevermind!"

He continued to spin and soon after a while, he walked back to the blanket, slowly and gently letting her down. "There you go, princess." They burst out laughing, having enjoyed themselves. They laid back down, and spent the rest of the morning out in the quidditch field. They enjoyed each other's company, each other's laughter, each other's warmth, and each other's companionship.

── ──

"Afternoon, Harry. I forgot to thank you for the sweets." Y/n spoke, walking up to Harry who was sitting alone. "What's the matter?" She asked, noticing his grim mood.

Harry didn't respond, and she didn't bug him. She sat next to him. "Do you remember our parents? Any of our family? Besides the Dursleys..." he asked her. She grew silent, staring ahead of her. "I don't really remember our parents, actually...and I never met any of our other relatives...what I do know is, you resemble our father with mum's eyes. And I've been told I resemble mum, with dad's eyes...that's all I can tell you..." she told him.

He nodded in response. "Have you ever heard of Nicholas Flamel?" He changed the subject.

Y/n hummed in response, thinking. "Oh! Yeah, he was a French alchemist. He was friends with Dumbledore. He's known for creating the philosopher's stone." She told him, tilting her head. "Why do you ask?"

Harry ignored her question. "What's the philosopher's stone?" He asked her. She sighed, hating the fact that he ignored her question. "It was a stone with magical properties. It could be used to create the Elixir of Life, which grants the drinker immortality." She informed him. "Seriously, why are you so curious? Where'd you even learn about him?"

Harry once again ignored her and he stood up. "Thank you for your help! Thank you so much! He ran off, and ran out the Great Hall.

She huffed, mumbling a small "you're welcome." as she rested her hand on her cheek. "Glad to be of help."

── ──

Y/n walked the down the halls, making her way to the Gryffindor common room. She stopped in her tracks, feeling a presence behind her. She quickly pulled her wand out. "Peeves, don't you dare!" She threatened, turning around with her hand pointed out.

The poltergeist made himself visible, grinning and laughing maniacally. He blew raspberries at her. She sighed, putting her wand away and continued to walk. "How's your day going? Caused any trouble today?" She asked him, making lightly conversation as he floated after her.

"Broke a chandelier or two, hehehe!" He laughed, she chuckled along. "You bully Filch a bit too much." She told him. "I heard a rumorrr!" He immediately told her. He motioned for her to listen closely as he got closer to whisper in her ear. He then yelled, "YOU LURVES FREDD!!" She quickly covered her ear. "Peeves! I don't love him... I mean I do, as a friend—" Peeves wasn't listening as he kept yelling on about her 'lurving' Fred.

She decided to ignore him. "Goodbye, Peeves." She told him, stepping up the steps to the portrait of the Fat Lady. Peeves floated away, laughing as he kept singing. "Pigs snout." She told the portrait, stepping into the common room. First person she noticed was Fred and his twin, George. She made her way towards them.

The two boys were playing around with an item from Zonko's Joke Shop until they noticed the girl. "You look tired." They told her. She sat down, rubbing her temples. "Peeves." Was all she said and they quickly understood. They chuckled, but Fred could see something else was bothering the girl. "What was Peeves singing about?" He asked her.

Her faced flushed red as she looked away. "He thinks I'm in love with you...it's ridiculous." She muttered, looking back at him, "as if i could love you... I mean I do— as a friend..." she stammered.

Fred looked hurt, 'as if I could love you'... those words pierced him. It seemed George and Y/n could see the hurt in his eyes and she immediately knew she messed up.

"I didn't mean it like that... I—...I'm gonna be in my dorm..." she muttered, walking up to her dorm, but she could hear George attempting to comfort his brother by making jokes.

She laid in her bed. She sighed, closing her eyes. Her words replayed in her head so she decided to take a nap.

Hopefully this'll all blow over soon.