{ 46 }

── ──

Y/n huffed and stood up, pushing her hair out of her eyes. "First let's just get Ron to the hospital wing and I'll explain later or maybe some other time."

As excited as she was that she managed to transform for the first time ever, she was more concerned for Ron at the moment.

As well as for Professor Lupin and Sirius.

The three were about to carry Ron to the hospital wing but then, suddenly they heard the whining of a dog. Harry and Hermione set off in a run, Y/n followed right after.

The whining and whimpering sounds were coming from near the lake and then they abruptly stopped.

Sirius had turned back into a man. "No..." he moaned. "No, please..." he continued.

Above his head was a swarm of dementors.

Y/n began to shudder, icy coldness was penetrating her insides, chills were running down her spine. Whatever bit of happiness she had was slipping away. And then, she began to hear the voices.

His voice. Her screaming.

"Quick, think of something happy!" Harry told her and Hermione. Y/n watched as he pulled his wand out and raised it to the sky.

She blinked aggressively, trying hard to think of happy thoughts. Her knees grew weak and she dropped down, sitting. She sighed, her breath escaping in a bit of fog.

She began to mutter to herself, "Lupin, Harry, Sirius, and I are going to be a happy family... but what if- no! We're going to be a family..." she couldn't bring a single happy thought to mind. It all turned dark.

Hermione soon collapsed while Harry was still trying to cast the Patronus charm. Y/n was struggling to keep her eyes opened. The voices were winning, the coldness was beginning to envelope her.

She laid her body to the side, bringing her knees up. Her vision was becoming blurry. "expect patronum..." she muttered softly, feebly waving her wand but nothing was coming out. "That failed... I failed, once again..." she sighed, closing her eyes.

── ──

"Miracle none of them died!"

Those were the words Y/n heard just as she began to regain consciousness. She didn't open her eyes just yet.

"Black bewitched them."

It was Snape's voice. That liar!

"A confundus charm." Liar!

"Consorting with a werewolf, and a murderer." No... no, no! Snape told Fudge about Lupin. She could feel her happy family slipping away.

She didn't dare open her eyes. If she did, she'd have to face reality. But nevertheless, she had no choice but to face the harsh reality.

She opened her eyes, vision a bit blurred. She could make out that on the bed to her left was Ron, across from them in the far corner was Harry and Hermione.

She watched as Madam Pomfrey made her way over to Harry. Harry sat up and put on his glasses then grabbed his wand.

"I need to see the headmaster!" He said. Y/n sat up, rubbing her temples. "It's alright, they've got Black. He's locked away upstairs, the dementors will be performing the kiss any moment now."

"What?!" Hermione, Harry, and Y/n jumped out of bed, Y/n quickly made her way over to them. "They can't, they've got the wrong guy!" She tried to explain. She realized how crazy they might've all sound.