𝟏𝟎𝟑- 𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐮𝐦 𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐬

"Very good, Potter. Now hand it over."

── ──

The voice of Lucius Malfoy rang through the corridor and more footsteps began to draw closer. Black shapes were emerging out of thin air all around them, blocking their way left and right; eyes glinted through slits in hoods, a dozen lit wand tips were pointing directly at their hearts.

They were being surrounded by Death Eaters.

"Hand it. To me." Malfoy spoke once again, his hand held out and his voice thick, firm.

"Where's Sirius?" Harry questioned.

Several of the Death Eaters laughed, a harsh and shrilly female voice from the midst of the shadows sounding more than anyone else's. "The Dark Lord always knows!"

"It's time you learned the difference between dreams... and reality..." Lucius stepped forward, the woman at his side, stepping out from the shadows. "You saw only what the Dark Lord wanted you to see."

"Now hand me the prophecy."

Prophecy?... that means... all of these... Y/n glanced towards the crystal ball from earlier. The one that was calling out to her.

"Do anything else and I break it—" Harry threatened, gripping the misty ball in his hand. They stood in a circle, their wands held out protectively.

"He knows how to play!" The woman laughed, her voice was high pitched and shrilly, a taunting yet malicious undertone to it. "Itty... bitty... baby... Potter." She spat the last word as she finally fully stepped out from the shadows.

"Bellatrix Lestrange—" Neville's voice quivered as his eyes landed on her. She seemed to delightfully smirk at his fear.

"Neville Longbottom, is it? How's mum and dad?" She chuckled. Y/n felt Neville tense from beside her.

"Better now that they're about to be avenged!" Neville raised his wand but was held back by Harry, Bellatrix drawing her wand at the same time.

"Now let's... all... calm down... all we want, is that prophecy." Lucius played devil's advocate, his voice taking on a sickeningly sweet tone.

"Why did Voldemort need me to come and get this?" Harry questioned.

"He dares speak his name.." Bellatrix whispered harshly. "You filthy half-blood!"

"It's alright, just a curious lad, aren't you?" Lucius raised his hand as if to shush Bellatrix. "Prophecies can only be retrieved by those about whom they are made... which is lucky for you, really..."

They began to step closer which made the seven of them step back.

"Haven't you always wondered what was the reason for the connection between you and the Dark Lord? Why he was unable to kill you... when you were a mere infant... didn't you want to know the secret... about your scar?

All the answers are there, Potter... in your hand... all you have to do... is give it to me. And I can show you everything..."

The other Death Eaters were getting closer to them. The circle of seven were surrounded, each facing four different directions , wands at the ready.