{ 44 }

── ──

"I don't believe it!" Hermione began to yell. "I didn't tell anyone! I kept your secret!"

"Hermione, I can explain." Lupin said. "I trusted you!" Harry yelled. "And all this time, you've been his friend!?"

"You're wrong..." Lupin said. "I haven't been Sirius's friend in 12 years."

"Oh, really? You can be his fucking cell mate, you traitor!" Y/n yelled at him. "Let me explain." He looked at her. "No! Don't listen to him, he's been helping Black get into the castle! Harry, he wants you dead too!"

"He's a werewolf!" She yelled. "Only 1 out of 3, Hermione. I haven't been helping Sirius get into the castle and I certainly don't want Harry dead. But I won't deny that I am a werewolf."

Ron tried to stand but fell back, Lupin made his way to him but Ron gasped. "Get away from me, werewolf!" Lupin stopped in his tracks. He looked to Hermione. "How long have you known?"

"Ages." She whispered. "Since I did Professor Snape's essay." She told him. "You really are the brightest witch of your age, Hermione." Lupin smiled.

"Blah, blah, blah! Shut up, shut up, shut up!" Y/n yelled, frustratedly. "You've been helping Sirius Black all this time! You're still a traitor!"

"Listen, I can explain."

"Explain this, if you weren't helping Black, then how did you know where he was?" Harry asked. "Marauder's Map. I was in my office examining it."

"You know how it works?" Harry asked. "He helped create it." Y/n said. "Just as did Black, Pettigrew and... our dad." She bit at her lip, tasting dried blood.

"Correct." Lupin smiled at her. "I'm Moony." Y/n gasped softly, her eyes now softening but still saddened.

"I was watching it carefully this evening because I had an idea that you, Ron, Y/n, and Hermione would sneak out to go to Hagrid's before the execution. And I was right, wasn't I?" Y/n scoffed lightly. "Smartass."

Lupin explained how he watched them on the map set off to Hagrid. He kept speaking about a 'him'. He then mentioned seeing Sirius on the map. Ron and Harry were getting angry at how he kept mentioning another person.

"Holy shit..." Y/n spoke up. "Another animagus." She was now being stared at like she was crazy. "Ron!"

"I'm not an animagus!" He yelled at her. "No! Idiot, the rat! Scabbers!" She yelled back. "What?! That's crazy!"

"No, no, she's absolutely right. Could I take a look at the rat?" Lupin asked. Ron hesitated but he took Scabbers out his pocket. Scabbers continued to squirm and squeak.

"That's not a rat, he's a wizard. By the name of Peter Pettigrew." Sirius Black spoke up. "You're mental!" Ron yelled. "Ridiculous." Hermione said.

"Peter Pettigrew's dead! He killed him 12 years ago!" Harry pointed to Sirius. "I meant to." Black growled.

Lupin and Black began to argue. Y/n sighed and made her way to Ron, patting his head.

"The ministry keeps tabs on animagi." Hermione said. "There are unregistered ones." Y/n told her. "Illegal ones."

"Right again. The ministry never knew that there were three animagus running around Hogwarts." Lupin said. Y/n continued thinking to herself.

Lupin began to tell the story of how he became a werewolf. "I was a very small boy when it happened. My parents tried everything. Those days there was no cure. The potion Professor Snape has been making for me is a very recent discovery. It makes me safe. I'm able to curl up in my office, a harmless wolf. Before the wolfsbane potion was discovered, I became a fully fledged monster.