{ 66 }

── ──

"Okay, I've got it!" Fred exclaimed in the morning as he awoke his brother and best friend. "I've got the perfect plan!"

"Cant it wait till lunch?" George grumbled.

"No, because you two have got to learn to play instruments in three hours."

The two boys then looked at him with confusion all over their face. "Huh?"

── ──

"You need our help?" Angelina and Alicia looked up at Fred as he looked to them with pleading eyes and a hopeful smile.

"Yes! I just need you two to distract her and keep her away until everything is ready."

Angelina and Alicia looked to each other before grinning widely. "Of course we'll help!" They exclaimed. Fred quickly hugged them and walked off.

In the corner of the common room, George and Lee were holding two bass guitars. The two were playing off note beats until evidently they decided to use magic to play.

And so, Fred began to prepare his proposal to Y/n. He sent a quick later to his brothers Bill and Charlie, told them to hurry and he borrowed some suits from them, then he began to warm up his vocals.

And by lunchtime, his proposal was ready.

── ──

"Where are you taking me?" Y/n asked as she was practically being dragged from the Great Hall by her two friends; Angelina and Alicia.

The two girls merely giggled but gave no response which informed Y/n that she wasn't going to get any answers out of them.

Instead, she was merely lead to the courtyard where a curious crowd had gathered round a small but well built stage. A wooden floor and four wooden posts were built, and lights hung from one post to the other. Three microphone stands were placed on the wooden floorboard. And a maroon curtain was dangling from behind the mini stage.

The first to step out from behind the curtain was Lee Jordan. He stepped up to the microphone on the left, wearing a clean suit. Lee waved to the crowd and his friends, grinning in delight.

"What's going on?" Y/n looked to her two friends but they gave no answer once again. Y/n couldn't help but chuckle at the appearance of Lee. But her chuckle turned into a laugh when a second person appeared from behind the curtain.

It was George. He too was sporting a clean suit as he walked to the microphone on the right. He waved and blew kisses to the crowd, adoring their fans.

The crowd was just as confused as Y/n. None of them had no idea what was going on. Y/n spotted Ron, Harry and Hermione in the crowd.

Y/n's laughter soon turned into a gasp of surprise as Fred stepped out from behind the curtain and walked up to the microphone in the middle.

"Y/n Potter. This is for you." He spoke into the mic, smiling before sending her wink and snapping his finger to his brother.

Lee and George began to play their guitars, playing the recognizable notes to a song Y/n knew all too well.

They had been 11 when Y/n turned the radio on and introduced Fred to the song. Ever since then, they both would listen to the song and dance around to it.

Fred cleared his throat before he began to sing. His voice was slightly deep and it was a lovely thing to listen to.

"I've got sunshine..."
"On a cloudy day."

"When it's cold outside..."
"I've got the month of May."

Lee and George then began to join in.
"I guess you'd say...
what can make me feel this way."

"My girl..." Lee started off.

"My girl..." George followed along.

"My girl.
Talkin' bout my girl."

"My girl." The three harmonized and finished off.

Fred then began to walk off the stage and over to Y/n. "Y/n Potter..." he began to speak in a posh manner, holding her hands in his own. "Will you do me the honor of making me the luckiest man at Hogwarts and accompanying me to the Yule Ball as my date?"

Fred was smiling widely, trying to cover up how nervous he was. He was starting to feel giggly which would show how anxious he truly was.

Y/n looked up at him, a smile playing at her lips before she started to quietly laugh. "This is all a bit much, don't you think?"

"Nothing you don't deserve."

Her smile widened into a grin. "Of course I'll go with you!" She exclaimed, leaping up and wrapping her arms around his neck. He tightly held onto her waist. "She said yes!"

The crowd began to cheer. Lee and George set off fireworks that spelled the words "she said yes!" with an array of stars and sparkles surrounding the two.

"What's going on here?" McGonagall walked over to the crowd.

"Professor, she said yes!" Fred happily told her. "Oh..." McGonagall nodded. "While I am happy for the two of you, classes are starting soon and you must all head over! Go on, go on." She shooed the crowd away.

Y/n looked over at her, giggling. "We'll deal with the stage and the sparkles, Professor."

McGonagall nodded firmly, and slyly she sent a smirk to Y/n before walking off.

── ──

Fred and Y/n headed to their next arm in arm, stars and sparkles still littering their hair.

They were enamored by each other that not even the dark and brooding aura of the DADA classroom could put them off.

They sat beside each other, their Professor was busy writing something on the board.

"Potter, Weasley. You have trash on your hair. And wipe those silly looks off your faces, you wouldn't smile in the face of evil now would you?" He said, not once did he turn to actually look at them.

Y/n looked towards him, her smile faltering. She shook her head, a few of the sparkles falling down from her hair. Fred stifled a laughter as he did the same thing. Both of them covered their mouths, hiding their laughter that dared escape them.

Y/n watched her professor as he pulled his flask out and began to chug. By covering her mouth and nose, she shifted her nose into a bat's nose and began to sniff.

It smelled familiar.

She expected to sniff alcohol.
But instead, it was something else.

As she continued to sniff, she couldn't properly place what the smell was.

Once their Professor had finished drinking and exhaled in delight, Y/n knew what the smell was.

Polyjuice potion.