{ 91 }

── ──

Sat in the common room with Hermione and Ron, Y/n watched the flames of the fireplace crackle as they danced tamely.

Harry soon entered the common room and the three immediately turned their heads towards him. Ron was lying on the hearthrug, trying to finish his Transfiguration homework.

"What kept you?" he asked, as Harry sank into the armchair next to Hermione's.

Harry didn't answer. He was in a state of shock.

Half of him wanted to tell them what had just happened, but the other half wanted to take the secret with him to the grave.

"Are you all right, Harry?" Hermione asked, peering at him over the tip of her quill.

Harry gave a half-hearted shrug. In truth, he didn't know whether he was all right or not.

"What's up?" said Ron, hoisting himself up on his elbow to get a clearer view of Harry. "What's happened?"

Harry didn't quite know how to set about telling them, and still wasn't sure whether he wanted to. Just as he had decided not to say anything, Y/n took matters out of his hands with a wide smirk plastered on her face.

"Is it Cho?" she asked, a light and teasing tone to her voice.

Numbly surprised, Harry nodded. Ron sniggered, breaking off when Hermione caught his eye.

"So - er - what did she want?" he asked in a mock casual voice. "She -" Harry began, rather hoarsely; he cleared his throat and tried again. "She - er -"

"Did you kiss?" Y/n asked briskly.

Ron sat up so fast he sent his ink bottle flying all over the rug. Disregarding this completely, he stared avidly at Harry. Harry remained silent. Ron and Y/n shared a knowing look between themselves before looking back to Harry.

"Well?" he demanded.

Harry looked from Ron's expression of mingled curiosity and hilarity to Hermione's slight frown, to Y/n's smirk of knowingness, and nodded.

"HA!"

Ron made a triumphant gesture with his fist and went into a raucous peal of laughter that made several timid-looking second-years over beside the window jump. A reluctant grin spread over Harry's face as he watched Ron rolling around on the hearthrug.

Hermione gave Ron a look of deep disgust and returned to her letter.

"How was it?" Ron asked.
Harry looked up before answering,
"Wet."

Y/n rose a brow. "What—? You mean... like— tongue or something?"

"She was crying." Harry answered. "Oh—" both Ron and Y/n responded. "Are you that bad at kissing?" Ron asked. "Why don't you kiss him and find out?" Y/n snorted at her joke.

"I hadn't considered that..." Harry trailed. "What, kissing Ron?" Y/n immediately perked, her voice slightly cracking.

"Of course you're not a bad kisser." Hermione responded absentmindedly.