{ 74 }

── ──

The third task was soon approaching.
Y/n had been helping Harry learn hexes that could help him through the maze.

Ron and Hermione were his targets of practice.

The four would also spend their nights talking about things. Harry informed them that his scar had hurt one day, he talked to Dumbledore and even looked through his thoughts. A trial.

Harry had seen the trial of Igor Karkaroff, Crouch's son, and even Ludo Bagman's. He has informed Sirius and Sirius had been writing to them daily.

But June came by quickly. And no matter what other things were going on, the third task was now their top priority.

── ──

On the morning of the third task, the hall was very noisy. Owls came in. Harry received a folded paper with a muddy paw print from Sirius wishing him good luck.

Hermione received her usual Daily Prophet newspaper. When she read the headline, she spat out her drink.

'HARRY POTTER
DISTURBED AND DANGEROUS'
The headline read.

"How did she know you passed out in Divination?" Ron asked Harry. "I opened the window for some air." Harry said.

"She still couldn't have heard you from that distance." Hermione said. Y/n furrowed her eyebrows. How was it that Rita Skeeter always somehow could hear peoples conversations even when they're alone?

Y/n began to think.

Perhaps it was the same way Sirius was able to sneak into the castle without ever being noticed. Was Rita Skeeter perhaps an illegal animagus?

Same as Sirius. Same as Y/n.

"Y/n." Fred poked her cheek. "It's time for class." She nodded and the two began to walk to class, hand in hand.

── ──

It was time for the evening fest.

Y/n and Fred walked hand in hand into the Great Hall, the two being followed by George and Ginny as they conversed about summer plans.

"Bill! Mum!" Ginny exclaimed as she walked over to them, noticing them from when she walked into the hall. "Hello, dears." Molly greeted.

"What're you doing here?" George asked them. "Came to see Harry for the last task." Bill explained, looking over to Y/n and Fred who walked over to them.

"Hi, Bill." Y/n greeted, hugging him for a brief moment before hugging Molly. "Hi, Molly. So glad you two could make it."

"Hey, mum." Fred greeted her with a kiss on the cheek. The Weasleys and Potters sat and conversed as their food magically appeared.

Molly noticed the behavior between Y/n and Fred and could tell that the two were finally official. She smiled gently at the two, nodding approvingly.

Y/n looked to Harry and could tell that he was starting to feel nervous. He wasn't eating. She smiled encouragingly at him, which he returned with a small smile.

And once the sky turned dark, Dumbledore stood on the podium and spoke to them.

"Ladies and gentlemen, in five minutes' time, I will be asking you to make your way down to the Quidditch field for the third and final task of the Triwizard Tournament. Will the champions please follow Mr. Bagman down to the stadium now."