{ 62 }

── ──

The first task drew nearer and nearer.
And an article by Rita Skeeter had came out.

She interviewed the champions, for nearly seven pages, she went on and on about Harry, and in one line she mentioned Viktor Krum and Fleur Delacour (their names spelled wrong) and absolutely no mention of Cedric.

"Sometimes at night I still cry about them..." Y/n read on and on, letting out a few chuckles as she read the article. "What total bullshit."

But as her eyes trailed, she noticed the mention of her name. So she began to read it.

"My sister... well, what much can I say? Y/n abandoned me when I was nine years old, never even sent a letter or postcard... if anything, she barely counts as my sister..."

Y/n could feel her the lump in her throat as she struggled to swallow. And as she looked up from the article, she noticed a few stares in her direction. A few were whispering.

She quickly gathered her things and rushed out of the Great Hall. As she rushed out the dining hall, she brushed past someone on her way out.

"Sorry-" she quickly muttered, her voice breaking as her eyes began to cloud.

"Y/n-!" She heard Fred call out to her. But she ignored him. But what she couldn't ignore were the whispers and the gossip.

"She abandoned him."
"I hear she left him alone on that doorstep."
"She probably sold them out to You-Know-Who herself..."

Y/n rushed out of the castle until she was out at the courtyard. She felt as if she couldn't breathe. Loosening the collar of her shirt, she still felt out of breath.

She could still feel stares on her. Though the courtyard was empty, she felt them.

Laying against a tree, her chest heaved. Though the air was cold, she began to feel hot. Like a sinner in church.

Looking into the distance, she saw the bushy hair of Hermione Granger and the disheveled hair of Harry Potter.

She stood up, making her way over to them.

"Harry!" She called out. Hermione was the first to turn around. Harry seemed to be ignoring her. Perhaps he thought it was someone trying to prick a bit of fun at him.

"No, I don't need a hanky!" He exclaimed, turning around before meeting her eyes. "Oh.. hey, Y/n—"

"Hey? Hey?! You vent to Rita Skeeter that I'm practically not even your sister and all you say is 'hey'?!" She yelled at him.

Deep down, she knew that she shouldn't believe what Rita Skeeter wrote.
But deep down, that's exactly how she felt about herself.

She barely counted as his sister.

"You believe her?" Harry irked. "I would expect you, of all people, to not buy into that article. That article is rubbish and you know it." He looked up at her, his eyes stern.

"Doesn't mean it isn't true." She mumbled. She began to walk away.

"Oh, sure. Walk away, it's what you do best." Harry called out to her which made her stop in her tracks. He began to speak again. She could hear Hermione trying to pull him away.

"It wasn't just you, you know."

"Don't do this, Harry." Hermione told him.

Y/n turned around, a confused expression on her face. "What's that supposed to mean?"