{ 7 }

── ──

Back at the common room, everyone congratulated the quidditch team and everyone celebrated. They all decided to wind off before the break started.

Y/n had a bandage to her head. Fred and George walked up to her. "Little scratch, eh?" Fred questioned her, in a teasing voice. "It's a war scar, wanna match?" She threatened him, arms crossed. "Mmm, yeah. It'd be wicked!" George laughed. "Look at Seamus!" He exclaimed, catching everyone's attention.

Seamus was trying to perform his rum spell again. The three chuckled, going closer to get a better look. And as expected, the spell blew up on him. Quite literally. Lee then stood on top of a table. "Who wants Butterbeer!?" He grinned, a lot of the older students cheering.

Lee went on to passing out cups, one cup was given to Harry and just before Harry could take a sip, Y/n came from behind him and grabbed it. "Oh no, you don't drink this until you're older." She told him, taking a sip herself. Harry huffed, looking at her. She merely grinned.

Fred and George then came to her sides, the three of them sitting and continuing to drink. The two twins seemed to share a look before putting their arms around the girl. "Wanna witness something extraordinary?" Fred whispered. "It'll surely make your holiday." George added on. She hummed, taking a sip. "Sure." The three of them stood up, downing their drinks before making their way out of the common room.

The two boys led her to the courtyard, both with their arms around her. And the scene before her was priceless.

Professor Quirrel, their Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher was being followed and attacked by bewitched snowballs.

The three of them laughed at the poor professor. That was until they heard footsteps and they quickly ran to hide behind a wall. It was Filch and his cat. Y/n tapped the two, pulling her wand out. "My turn." She whispered, with a small flick, the snowballs that were attacking Quirrel, now were attacking Filch. The three of them laughed and quickly ran off back to their common room.

"That was entertaining." She giggled, standing in front of the portraits. The twins smiled. "We knew you'd like it! Consider it, your gift from us." They told her. "I loved it!" She exclaimed, hugging the two.

She pulled away, whispered the password to the portrait and they walked back in, laughing.

── ──

The break had started. Harry decided to stay at Hogwarts. Molly and Arthur went to Romania to visit Charlie, so y/n and the boys stayed at Hogwarts as well.

In the morning, Y/n made her way down into the common room, seeing a wonky wrapped present for her. "Molly's sweater..." she mumbled, picking up the present. With a smile, she opened it and lifted it up.

In front of her was a (f/c) knitted sweater, on the front was her first name initial, knitted in a (secondary) color. She proudly put it on, embracing the warmth of it.

"Fred! George! Come down here, you have Christmas presents!" She yelled, picking up another present that was for her. 'McGonagoll...' she thought to herself.

The two boys came down, still wearing their pajamas. It was quite a familiar scene, when they would run for breakfast.

She handed them their gifts, sitting down to open hers. As she carefully unwrapped the gift, she took out a book. Grazing her finger over the cover, she could tell it was brand new. 'Guide to Advanced Transfiguration' she read the title, her eyes widening. She smiled, taking her wand out and casted a spell onto the book, making sure no one could ever ruin it.

"Hey, these haven't got our initials!" Fred exclaimed. Y/n looked over to the boys as they held their jumpers up to theirselves. "I supposed she thinks you don't forget your name. But we're not stupid—we know we're called Gred and Forge!" George responded.

The three of them laughed, as the laughter died down, George looked around. "Where's Percy?" Y/n grabbed a bag of sweets, which were from Harry, and prompted one into her mouth. "Off doing his prefect duties. Or whatever." She mumbled, lollipop in mouth.

The two boys shared a look before walking off. "We'll be back—" "See ya at breakfast!" They yelled to the girl as they made their way out the common room.

She merely waved a hand, not even looking towards their direction as she opened up her book and began reading the first page.

── ──

Y/n ate her food, ignoring all other conversations going around. She was using her wand to levitate her book and flip the pages.

"What's so interesting about that book?" Fred asked her, leaning closer to her, reading the page she was on. "It's a guide on advanced transfiguration. Professor McGonagoll got it for me, it says here-" she was cut off by the sound of snoring, Fred's head now laying on her shoulder as he 'slept'. She rolled her eyes, pushing him off her shoulder. Fred laughed, turning back to his food.

Y/n glanced around, she couldn't find Harry. She saw him sitting alone, Ron was trying to get him to eat with them but Harry didn't budge. She frowned slightly, but she knew it was best to just give him space.

"Hey, Y/n!" She heard Fred call her name. As she turned around, she was met with a face full of pie. She licked a bit of the pie, flavor being cherry. It was good, she had to admit. But she was still furious. "Fred Weasley, you wanker!"

He chuckled, grabbing a napkin and wiping her face. "Consider it a creampie, love." he spoke in a low sultry voice, a devilish smirk playing at his face. Her eyes narrowed, slapping his arm.

"Don't be inappropriate, there's children around!" She scolded him. "It is highly inappropriate for you two to be flirting during breakfast." Percy scolded the two of them.

"Flirting?!" Y/n screeched, her voice cracked. "This is not— we are not— I-" she couldn't form a sentence correctly, seeing her this way amused Fred. He decided to tease her a bit more. "No, we're not flirting, I would never steal her from Wood." He said, smirking in delight as her face flushed. "Ohh yeah, she's mad for him." George added on. It was like they planned this all out to humiliate her.

"I-I'm not mad for him!" She tried to argue back, but they weren't budging. They even started singing, a muggle verse she knew all too well. "Y/n and Wood, sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G—" "Okay that's enough!" She told them, burying her face into her book, looking down. Her face was flushed and she could feel it.

Their laughter died down, into chuckles before she felt arms around her shoulder. "Hey, we're only jokin' around..." Fred told her. "Yeah, we're only havin' a bit of fun." George said from across the table. "We're sorry if we embarrassed you, it's just harmless fun." Fred continued on, rubbing her shoulder softly.

Y/n slowly looked up to Fred, she could see that he truly meant his words. They both smiled at each other and Fred pulled his arm away, picking at his food.

"Hey, Fred." She called to him. As he turned to look at her, he was met with a face full of pie. She smirked, sipping from her goblet. "Okay, you're forgiven." She told him. Fred chuckled, licking some pie off before wiping his face off. "I deserve that... it's delicious!"

The whole table laughed at the scene before them.

And that's how the rest of the break was.
Full of laughter and fun.