{ 59 }

── ──

It was now time for the Halloween feast.
And more importantly, the announcement of the school champions.

The Goblet of Fire stood in the middle of the Great Hall, in front of Dumbledore's chair.

Y/n lightly stroked Fred's hair as he laid across her lap. He and George were clean shaven again, but both were fairly upset. They seemed to be taking it well though.

"Hope it's Angelina..." Fred sighed out as he sat back up. "So do I." Y/n said.

Everyone was impatiently waiting for the announcement of the school champions. The hall fell silence once Dumbledore got to his feet.

"The goblet is almost ready to make its decision." Said Dumbledore which pumped the students up. "Now, when the champion's names are called, I would ask them to please come to the top of the hall, walk along the staff table and go through the next chamber."

With a wave of his wand, the candles besides those inside pumpkins were extinguished.

The hall was now semi-dark, the brightest light being the flames of the Goblet.

"Any second." Lee whispered, checking his watch every second.

The Goblet's flames turned red and shot out a charred piece of parchment. The whole room gasped as Dumbledore caught the parchment and read out loud.

"The champion for Durmstrang will be Viktor Krum."

Applause rang throughout the hall as Viktor Krum rose up from his spot at the Slytherin table and he made his way along the staff table and disappeared into the next chamber.

Seconds later, the Goblet shot out another piece of parchment.

"The champion for Beauxbatons will be Fleur Delacour."

The blonde girl who resembled a veela got to her feet, and gracefully made her way along the staff table and into the next chamber.

Silence fell over the hall once again, this time the silence was stiff. Alicia and Y/n held onto each of Angelina's hands, each were gripping each other's hands tightly, a buzzing excitement within them.

The goblet turned red once more and shot out a piece of parchment.

"The Hogwarts champion is Cedric Diggory."

"No!" Ron shouted. The Hufflepuff table sprang with excitement and cheers.

Alicia and Y/n smiled sympathetically towards Angelina. "It's alright..." Angelina told them, smiling softly.

"Well, we now have our three champions." Dumbledore said. "I'm sure I can count upon all of you including the remaining students from Beauxbatons and Durmstrang to give your champions every ounce of support you could muster."

Dumbledore was about to continue to speak but the fire from the goblet had turned red again. Another piece of parchment had been shot out.

Dumbledore stared at the name. There was a long pause before he spoke again.

"Harry Potter." He read out.

── ──

Everyone's head turned to face Harry. He looked as shocked as everyone. He looked at Ron and Hermione.

"I didn't put my name in." He turned to look at Y/n. "You know I didn't." She couldn't find any words to say as she put on an expression of concern.

"Harry, up here." Dumbledore called. Harry got to his feet and slowly made his way up. Harry soon disappeared into the chamber.

Ludo Bagman and Crouch soon disappeared.

The hall began to chatter. Y/n was bombarded with questions by her friends. "Did you know?" "How'd he manage to put his name in?" Y/n continued to shake her head and shrug her shoulders, muttering repeatedly "I don't know" to each one of them.

"Of course he'd put his name in." She could hear from the Slytherin table.

Y/n stood up. "I need some air." She told Fred and made her way out of the hall. Looking around to make sure no one was around, she quickly began to morph into her animagus form.

Her bat form flew back into the Great Hall and for a moment, she blended in with the other live bats around the hall.

She quietly flew into the chamber where all the other champions had disappeared into. She hung from the ceiling, in a dark corner where no one could see her.

Bagman had explained that Harry was the fourth Triwizard champion. Fleur thought it was a joke, Krum's eyebrows furrowed and Cedric was just as confused as the rest had been.

Surely, his moment of fame had been trampled over by Harry Potter; the boy who lived.

"He cannot compete, he is too young." Fleur had said, which Y/n completely agreed with.

"His name was chosen, it's in the rules, it's obliged." Bagman explained.

Professor McGonogall, Snape, Dumbledore had made their way in along with Madam Maxine and Professor Karkaroff.

"What is the meaning of this, Dumbledore?" Madam Maxine peered the question. "I'd rather like to know that myself." Karkaroff spoke up.

"Two Hogwarts champions, i didn't know the host school was allowed two champions, or have i not read the rules carefully enough?" Karkaroff said hotly. "Impossible." Madam Maxine replied shortly.

"Hogwarts cannot have two champions. We were under the impression your age line would keep out younger contestants from entering."

"It's no one's fault but Potter's." Snape said. "Don't go blaming Dumbledore for Potter's determination to break rules. He's been crossing lines ever since he got here."

"Thank you, Severus." Dumbledore said firmly. He looked down at Harry.

"Did you put your name in the Goblet of Fire, Harry?" Dumbledore asked calmly,

"No." Harry replied shortly.

"Did you ask an older student to put it into the goblet of fire for you?" Dumbledore asked.

"No." Harry replied once again, vehemently.

"But of course he is lying." Madam Maxine exclaimed. "He could not have crossed the age line." Professor McGonogall said sharply.

"Surely you will agree that this is most irregular." McGonogall looked towards Bagman and Crouch.

"We must follow the rules and the rules state clearly that those people whose names come out of the goblet are bound to compete in the tournament." Crouch spoke up.

"Harry Potter will compete in the Triwizard Tournament." He closed the discussion.

── ──

The conversation had continued with arguments before it had finally ended.

Y/n had quickly flown out of the chamber once the door had been opened.

"Ah, it seems one of the live bats got trapped." Dumbledore had spoken in amusement.

Y/n continued to fly around with live bats before she flew out from the Great Hall and turned back, running to the common room.

She rushed to her bedroom and sat on the bed. If anyone were to question her disappearance, she'd simply say she went to bed.

The first task would be taking place on November 24th. The words of Moody stuck in her head.

Perhaps someone placed Harry's name, hoping he'd die during the tournament.

Moody had seemed to have know so much. She turned to her side, stuffing her face into her pillow.

And she silently promised to herself to keep a close eye on Professor Moody. Perhaps she was being paranoid, but she wanted to ensure the safety of her brother.

And that's exactly what she'd do.