{ 22 }

── ──

Harry rushed into the room. "He said he'll sign it! On a few conditions, but I can do it and he'll sign it!"

Y/n grinned, looking back at Harry. "That's great! Just be on your best behavior, then." She tapped his forehead and sat on his bed.

Harry walked over to a sleeping Errol and Hedwig. He tapped them awake. "Hedwig..." he sighed. "You're going have to clear out for the week. Go with Errol, Ron will take care of you. I'll write him a note explaining. Don't look at me like that, it's not my fault, it's the only way I'll be allowed to go to Hogsmeade with Ron and Hermione!"

Errol and Hedwig then left, Hedwig with a note attached to her leg.

"Now to clear of all this stuff if I'm going to pretend to be a muggle." Harry put away all his presents under the loose floorboard. Y/n sighed, she knew she'd have to pretend as well. Then again, she was believed to be dead so maybe she didn't have to make an appearance.

Harry put the empty cage in his wardrobe, alongside Y/n's suitcase where she had put her book away. Clearly no one there knew boundaries.

"Do something about your hair!" Petunia could be heard shrieking in the hall. "What's the point? Aunt Marge loves criticizing everything about me." Harry muttered, only Y/n could hear him. She chuckled softly, standing and putting her wand away in the hem of her pants. She then covered it with a flannel.

Vernon's car could be heard as he arrived. Then the sound of the door closing was heard.

"Run it by me. What's our story?" She asked Harry. "I go to school at St. Brutus's Secure Centre for Incurably Criminal Boys." He rolled his eyes, Y/n covered her mouth, suppressing a laugh. "Okay... and me? I mean, did they really say I'm dead?"

Harry shook his head. "They thought you were dead, but they would never tell anyone that because it made them seem bad and irresponsible. So they said you're off in boarding school at St. George's School for Girls."

Y/n shook her head. "What's with them and Saints? Just because the name is 'Saint' doesn't make it good. Well, whatever. Let's just get this over with."

── ──

"Get the door!" Petunia hissed at Harry.

Y/n stood at the bottom of the stairs as Harry pulled open the door. There stood Aunt Marge. She was a meaty and hefty woman, the female version of Vernon.

Y/n bit the inside of her cheek, suppressing any rude comments she may have. And she had plenty.

"Where's my Dutters?" She spoke. "Where's my nephy-poo?" Her voice roared. Dudley came waddling down the hall. Aunt Marge thrusted the suitcase into Harry's stomach, knocking the wind out of him and she seized Dudley into a hug, kissing his cheek.

It took a lot of willpower for Y/n to not knock the woman out then and there. Y/n began to ignore the conversations going on as she walked up to Harry, helping him take the suitcase up the stairs into the empty bedroom as the others made their way into the kitchen.

"I can't wait to get this over with." They muttered and made their way back to the kitchen. Aunt Marge's began to growl at Harry and Y/n once they sat down which brought Aunt Marge's attention to them. "So! Still here, are you?" She asked Harry, then looked at Y/n. "And I see you're back."

"Yes." They replied. "Don't say 'yes' in that ungrateful tone!" Aunt Marge growled. "It's damn good Vernon and Petunia to keep you! Wouldn't have done it myself, you'd both would have gone straight to the orphanage if you had been dumped on my doorstep."