{ 25 }

── ──

"You're telling me... that none of you felt that cold feeling of dread?... at all?" She asked the three boys. They shook their heads.

"Maybe it's because we're cheery people!" George joked as he laughed, although it seemed plausible. "Oh yeah, and I'm just so downright depressing." Y/n sarcastically spoke as she rolled her eyes, huffing.

"You did seem to calm down when Fred held your hand." Lee pointed out, smirking. Y/n's face heated up as Fred merely smirked.

"Not at all, i was cold and his hand was warm." She crossed her arms, puffing her chest out. "That's all!" She exclaimed.

"If you say so~" the three teased and she sat back in her seat. "I hate you all." She told them.

"And that's why you felt morbidly." Lee told her in a "matter of fact" tone.

Lupin passed by the compartment and came back once he spotted Y/n. He opened the door and looked at the group. The group stared at him, Y/n smiled. "Hello Professor. Any news?" She asked. "Thank you for the chocolate by the way, it was really good."

"Uh, yes. We'll be arriving at Hogwarts in 10 minutes, just wanted to let you know. And you're welcome. If you'll excuse me..." he trailed off as if trying to find the rights words to say but instead he walked off.

Once he walked away, the three boys broke out in laughter. "Who was that man? He looks ill." Lee asked. "He looks like he's one sneeze away from death." Fred joked. "If only the poor man ate as much as Ron does, maybe that'll save him." George joked.

Y/n shook her head, kicking the legs of all three boys. "He's our new DADA teacher. AND he's the one who sent the dementor away." She shrugged. "I think he's cool."

The boys looked at each other before bursting out into laughter again. "Yeah, okay."

Y/n rolled her eyes once again, looking out the window instead.

── ──

As they were headed up the stairs to the castle, Y/n could see Malfoy talking to Harry. And she could hear what he was saying.

"You actually fainted?" Malfoy remarked. "Shove off, Malfoy!" Ron gritted his teeth. "Did you faint as well, Weasley?" Malfoy teased.

Y/n made her way up to them. "He didn't but you're about to." She warned him, her eyes narrowed at Malfoy. Malfoy was about to speak up, but a voice was heard.

"Is there a problem?" Professor Lupin asked. "No, Professor, Malfoy was just walking away." Y/n said, her eyes never leaving Malfoy's face until he walked away, followed by his two cronies.

Y/n rolled her eyes, sighing exasperatedly. "Do I need to beat him up? Because I will." She said, putting an arm around Harry. "I don't need you to fight my bullies anymore." He told her. "Oh, but you're mistaken, dear little brother. I will always fight your bullies. Even you-know-who himself." She grinned.

"C'mon, we must get going." Hermione told them and they all made their way into the castle.

"Wait— what does he mean by 'anymore'?" Ron asked. "Harry used to get bullied while at school a lot, and I basically fought them all. Didn't matter if they were twice my height... or size, if you get me." Y/n shrugged, ruffling Harry's hair. "Fun times. Counselors said i had a short fuse and i always told them 'I was provoked', which of course it never let me off with the Dursleys, but it was whatever."

── ──

They walked into the Great Hall and made their way to the Gryffindor table. Y/n sat next to Fred and across from George. Harry and Hermione had been called in by McGonogall.