{ 61 }

── ──

The next morning wasn't easy.
Hufflepuff was angry with Gryffindor. And with good reason. Y/n couldn't blame them.

At breakfast, she sat down. When Harry walked in, she noticed the way the school looked at him. They all thought he put his own name in the goblet of fire.

Harry sat across from Y/n, one of the few who believed him. Hermione sat next to him, and Ron sat beside her. Y/n and Hermione tried forcing conversations between the two boys but they weren't giving in.

Eventually, they gave up.

── ──

During Herbology, the tension between Hufflepuff and Gryffindor was thick. Not even a hot, steel knife could cut through it.

Even Professor Sprout seemed to have been distant with them, but then again, she was the Head of Hufflepuff.

── ──

During lunch, Y/n walked around the school. She wanted a bit of alone time.

But as she was walking, she noticed a glistening object up ahead. She walked closer towards it, and noticed it was one of the crystal balls from Divination.

"How'd this get here..?" She muttered to herself but nonetheless decided to pick it up and make her way to the divination class.

The walk seemed long and lasted for quite a while but she finally reached the classroom.

"Professor Trelawney?... I found one of your crystal balls." She called out, looking around but there was no sign of the wacky teacher.

"I knew you were coming." The misty voice of Professor Trelawney called from the darkness. She glided towards Y/n, her hands extended out.

"Uhh... yeah, I guess my footsteps are pretty loud..." Y/n replied as she handed the crystal ball back to Professor Trelawney.

For a moment, their hands made contact and in that moment, Trelawney's eyes had turned white, gasping loudly, she began to speak, but the voices weren't hers. Yeah, voices.

Multiple.

She spoke as if she were out of breath. Her grip on Y/n's tightened, which caused her to drop the crystal ball. Y/n attempted to pull her hand away but Trelawney's grip was too tight.

"The truth shall be uncovered. True colors will be shown. Innocent blood shall be shed and he will rise again!"

She gasped once again, and her eyes went back to their normal way. She cleared her throat and even coughed erratically.

Y/n stood in shook. She wasn't sure what she just witnessed. Did Professor Trelawney just have an actual prediction?

"Oh, dear, did I say something? You look pale, do you feel alright?" She asked her, her misty voice was once again regained.

"Y-Yeah... I'm fine... just came to leave this crystal ball... bye!" Y/n quickly hurried out of the classroom, made her way down the stairs and ran out the Great Hall.

She spotted her friends and ran over to them, sliding into a seat beside Alicia. "Guys!" She exclaimed, out of breath.

"Woah!" The boys exclaimed. "Where's the fire?" They asked.

"I think Professor Trelawney made a real prediction." She hurriedly told them.

For a moment they stared at her before they began to burst into fits of laughter.

"Oh, please!" Alicia laughed. "She's nuts, don't worry about what she said."

"This time was different. Her eyes were white and she was speaking with many voices, they sounded demonic." Y/n urged. "She said, that the truth shall be uncovered and that innocent will be shed... and that he'll rise again."

"She was just being crazy as always, love. Maybe she's stepping up her act." Fred spoke to her. "Ugh! None of you are listening to me! I know what I heard, and I definitely saw something." Y/n stood up from her seat and huffed, storming out of the Great Hall.

── ──

Days passed and Y/n's brain still racked with the words of Professor Trelawney's prediction. Harry was still struggling as being the second Hogwarts champion.

Overall, the Potter siblings had a lot going on in their heads.

"We need to talk." Harry and Y/n both said as they met up in the center of the common room. They made their way over to the couch and sat.

"You first." She ushered him. Harry looked around for a moment before leaning in closely, and began to whisper softly. "Sirius is coming."

Y/n quickly pulled back, in an act of shock and surprise. "What?!" She exclaimed which caused a few stares to be directed towards them. She quickly cleared her throat and whispered, "what?! He can't!"

Harry nodded. "I know, I tried telling him but he wouldn't listen... he says he's on his way."

Y/n huffed. "Well shit..."

"What about you? What'd you have to say?"

"Uhhh... it's nothing. It's not that important, no need for you to worry." Y/n put on a quick smile before standing up. "I should get to class. See you Harry, and be careful." She told him before making her way out the common room.

── ──

Y/n walked to dinner. She heard running footsteps beside then they came to a halt.

"Hello, love." said that voice. That voice which gives her words of endearment.

He put his arm around her shoulder. "Going down to dinner? Just so happens, I am too." His shoulders shook as he chuckled. She held his hand as they walked.

"You still don't believe me?" She asked him, a knowing look on her face. Of course he wouldn't believe her, Trelawney was a crazy woman and never made real predictions.

"I believe... that... you saw something... but probably not what you think it was." He responded, stretching his words.

"So you think I'm crazy."

"What? No, no! I never said that."

"It's what you implied, Fred."

"That's not what I meant— I think you're stressed out these days, love. And maybe it's affecting how you... see things—"

She pulled her hand away from his. "Thanks for that real eye opener. It thrills me to know my boyf—...you think I'm crazy." She began to walk away.

"Oh, c'mon, love. I'm just concerned about you! You know, you can't keep walking away from the people you love and that care about you!" He shouted out to her retreating figure.

For a moment, she froze in her tracks. And he knew what he said struck a nerve.

She continued to walk. And not once did she look back at him.

"You're seriously not going to say anything?! You're going to keep walking away?!"

"It's what I do best, apparently." She responded, making her way into the Great Hall.

Fred soon walked in, they made eye contact with each other before he sat beside George. He conversed with Lee and George.

Y/n sighed and conversed with Alicia and Angelina. "What's wrong, love?" Alicia asked her. "It's nothing..."

She lied through her teeth, her smile faltering as she looked to her friends. They shared a glance before nodding gently.

They knew their friend. She'd never talk about something unless she wanted to.