{ 71 }

── ──

"What do you mean he's coming?" Y/n went on to question Harry, once they had been left in a more secluded area.

"We've been keeping in touch. He got worried when I told him I was entered in the tournament so he's on his way." Harry quickly explained.

"It's dangerous." She panicked.

"I know." He replied.

"They'll throw him back to Azkaban."

"I know."

"The dementors are after him—"

"I know! He knows, too. He's being careful. I don't like it but, well... he's stubborn."

Y/n sighed. "So... Paddy's coming."

"Paddy's coming." Harry confirmed.

"And there's no stopping him?"

"No stopping him." He shook his head.

"Well then... when is he coming?"

"Next Hogsmeade trip."

── ──

"Been a while, hasn't it?" Fred spoke up, running his finger along his girlfriend's palm. But she didn't respond. She merely stared up at the clouds as she laid on the grass to the Quidditch pitch.

"Hellooo?" Fred nearly shouted, leaning closer to her ear. "Anybody home?!" This time he did shout, which was followed by the sound of a shriek. "Ow, my ear!" She sat up, smacking his arm. He laughed, kissing the side of her forehead. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry." He apologized in between laughs.

"Just checking if you could still hear me."
"After that, I don't think I can." She hissed.

"Okay, I apologize. Now, what's got your mind wandering?" He brought his knees up to his chest, resting his cheek on the palm of his hand. She did the same, both looking into each other's eyes. "Same old, same old. You? How's business coming along?" She smiled.

"Business is great! We've gotten more sells than ever! And—... you're changing the subject." He narrowed his eyes. She laughed softly. "No, no. There's nothing for me to talk about. But continue, you're adorable when you're excited." She smiled gently.

Fred'd be lying if he said he wasn't blushing.
The way her smile radiated every aspect of his life. He leaned in, planting a soft kiss on her lips. Those lips that he never got tired of tasting. Pulling away lit his heart on fire, but to see her glowing smile after was worth the burn.

"What was that for?" She hummed happily. "Not that I'm complaining, I just wanna know what I did so I can keep doing it."

"Being yourself. That's it. That's all you ever have to do." He caressed her cheek, pushing a strand of her hair back.

Y/n sighed happily, pulling away from him before turning her back to him, laying back across his legs. He gently pulled her skirt down, putting his own robes across her legs.

"I wish we could be like this forever." She gently whispered, closing her eyes.
"Me too." He replied, admiring the beauty below him.

── ──

The month of March came sooner than expected. The winter air began to warm up.

Y/n soon found herself preoccupied by her studies, worries of Sirius's arrival, Fred's upcoming birthday. And other things that she tried putting away in her mind.