{ 41 }

── ──

The quaffle had been released into the air and Alicia dove, quickly taking possession of it.

"And it's Gryffindor in possession, Alicia Spinnet of Gryffindor with the quaffle, going straight for the Slytherin goalpost.

Lookin' good Alicia. Ah, no! The quaffle intercepted by Warrington. Warrington of Slytherin tearing up the pitch, wham! Nice bludger work there by George Weasley."

Warrington dropped the quaffle and Y/n immediately dove down, grabbing ahold of it.

"Warrington drops the quaffle and it's caught by Potter. Gryffindor back in possession. C'mon Y/n."

Y/n swerved around Montague.

"Nice swerve 'round Montague. Duck Y/n, that's a bludger!"

Y/n ducked then threw the quaffle, scoring.

"She scores! 10-0 to Gryffindor."

Y/n punched the air as she soared around the end of the pitch, whistling to the crowd as the crowd began to scream in delight. "Whoo!"

"Ouch!" Lee yelled. Marcus Flint had smashed into Y/n, nearly knocking her off her broom.

"Sorry." He snickered as the crowd booed. "Sorry, didn't see her." He spat to the crowd.

In the next moment, Fred had chucked a beater's club at the back of Flint's head. Flint's nose smashed into the handle of his broom and began to bleed. Y/n covered her mouth, stifling a laugh.

"That will do." Madam Hooch shrieked as she zoomed between them. "Penalty to Gryffindor for an unprovoked attack on their chaser. Penalty to Slytherin for deliberate damage to their chaser."

"Come on, Miss." Fred howled but Madam Hooch blew her whistle.

Alicia flew forward to take the penalty.

"Come on, Alicia." Lee yelled into the mic, breaking the silence of the crowd. "Yes! She's beaten the keeper, 20-0 to Gryffindor!"

Flint flew forward to take the penalty for Slytherin.

"Of course, Wood's a superb keeper." Lee told the crowd. "Superb. Very difficult to pass. Very difficult indeed."

Hooch blew her whistle and Flint took the penalty shot.

"Yes! I don't believe it, he's saved it!"

The game quickly began to go back in forth.

"Gryffindor in possession, no Slytherin in possession, no Gryffindor back in possession. And it's Katie Bell, Katie from Gryffindor with quaffle, she's streaking out the pitch- that was deliberate!"

Montague had swerved in front of Katie but instead of seizing the quaffle, he grabbed her head. Katie cartwheeled in the air, managed to stay on her broom but dropped the quaffle.

Hooch rang her whistle again. She yelled at Montague and Katie managed to put another penalty past the Slytherin Keeper.

"30-0, take that you dirty, cheating-"
"Jordan, if you can't commentate in an unbiased way-"
"I'm telling it like it is Professor."

Y/n watched as the two Slytherin beaters collided into each other. She laughed. "Haha!" She blew raspberries towards them and flew off, grabbing ahold of the quaffle.

"Too bad boys, you'll need to get up earlier than that to beat a Firebolt. And it's Gryffindor in possession again, as Potter takes quaffle, Flint alongside her. Poke him in the eye Y/n!