{ 48 }

── ──

After an hour of waiting, Hermione exclaimed "here we come!". Harry and Y/n stood up, Buckbeak raising his head.

They watched as Ron, Lupin, and Pettigrew clamored out from under the tree. Then came Hermione and Y/n, with the unconscious Snape behind them. Lastly was Harry and Sirius.

Y/n's heart was racing as she anxiously watched the clouds. Any moment now they would part away, ruining the whole night. "There's nothing we can do. We've got to stay put." Hermione told them.

"Lupin's transforming..." Y/n told them.

"We've got to move." Harry said.
"We can't interfere." Hermione snapped.
"Not to interfere! Lupin's gonna run into the forest, he's gonna come right at us!" Harry snapped back.

"Quick, where do we go?" Hermione panicked. "Where are we gonna hide, the dementors are gonna come any moment now!"

"Back to Hagrid's, it's empty now." Y/n told them and the three ran off, Buckbeak followed behind.

They could hear the werewolf behind them. Harry ran to the cabin, opened the door. Hermione, Buckbeak, and Y/n dashed right in and Harry soon went in, closing the door.

Fang began to bark, Hermione scratched his ears to quiet him down. Buckbeak was happy to be back at Hagrid's.

"That was really close!" Hermione panted.

"I better step out again, I can't see what's going on." Harry spoke up. Hermione shot him a warning look.

"I'm not going to try to interfere." He said. "If we don't see what's going on, how are we going to know when it's time to save Sirius?"

"Well... okay then. I'll stay here with Buckbeak." Hermione said. "I'm going with you." Y/n told him.

"Be careful. There's a werewolf out there, and the dementors." Hermione warned them.

── ──

The two stepped out of the cabin. They could hear yelping in the distance which meant the dementors were closing in on Sirius.

Harry began to slowly step closer to the scene. "Harry." Y/n harshly whispered, stepping after him. "We mustn't be seen."

"We won't be." He whispered back. He began to ran, Y/n ran after him. They were at the opposite side of the bank, Harry threw himself behind a bush and so did Y/n.

"Come on..." he muttered, staring around. Y/n began to look around for the mysterious person who casted the patronus earlier.

"Where are you? Dad, come on." He muttered. She looked to him with saddened eyes. "Harry..." she muttered.

Harry soon flung himself out from behind the bush, he raised his wand to the sky. "Harry, no, get back here!" She yelled to him.

"Expecto patronum!" He yelled, a silver blinding light bursted out from his wand.

A stag was galloping round and round, the dementors were scattering away.

She watched in amazement. "It wasn't dad... it was you, Harry." She whispered softly, laughing softly.

Y/n turned when she heard hooves behind them. It was Buckbeak and Hermione. "What did you do?" She quickly asked, fiercely.

"You said you were going to keep a lookout."

"He just saved all our lives." Y/n stood over Hermione. "I'm the one who casted the patronus." Harry said. Hermione stood with her mouth open.

"Guys, it's Snape!" Y/n smacked their arms, pointing over to Snape who was making his way over with five stretchers.