{ 57 }

── ──

A month passed and October rolled around. Nothing interesting had happened. The only interesting thing was Defense Against the Dark Arts with Professor Moody.

"Now, I'm going to be using the Imperius Curse on you." Moody told the class as he spread out the desks.

"But, you said it's illegal.." Alicia woefully told him. "Would you rather know what it feels like now or know when you're being controlled against your will?" He snapped back.

Alicia staid silent and nodded reluctantly.

So, one by one he used the curse on the students. No one could resist it.

He had made Alicia perform gymnastics around the classroom. He had made Fred hop on one leg around the desk.

The students only regained control once he lifted the curse off of them.

Then came, "Potter, up front!" Y/n's turn.

She stepped forward. He raised his wand at her and casted, "Imperio". She immediately felt light and all her thoughts had casted away.

In the back of her head came Moody's voice, commanding her. "Slap yourself" it repeated.

Her hand lifted up. "Slap yourself" it said once again. Another voice piped in, "No, why would I do that?" Her hand froze midair.

"Slap yourself, now!"
"No, I don't think I will."

"Slap yourself! Do it, now!"
"No!"

Her hand swung to her cheek but abruptly changed course. She instead backhand slapped the person beside her.

Fred Weasley.

She immediately began to frantically apologize as she tried to explain that she didn't mean to. He continued to assure her that it was fine and denied the pain in his reddening cheek.

"Yes! That's more like it!" Moody exclaimed with pride. "She tried to resist and nearly had it! Again!" He urged her to step forward again and used her as a learning example for the class.

It went on about three more times until she could fully resist.

── ──

It was the 30th of October.
Beauxbatons and Durmstrang were expected to arrive today.

At breakfast, the Great Hall had been decorated overnight.

Fred and George were whispering to each, every once in a while they'd whisper to Y/n and she'd either nod or shake her head.

"He can't avoid us forever." Fred said. Ron sat in front of them. "Who's avoiding you?"

"Wish you would." Fred spoke irritably.

"What's a bummer?" Ron asked George. "Having a nosy git like you as a brother." George rolled his eyes.

Ron then turned to Y/n. "I'm not at liberty to say." She quickly replied with a smile.

"Have you figured out how to enter the Triwizard Tournament?" Harry asked them. "I asked McGonogall how the champions are chosen but she told me to shut up and get on with transfiguring my raccoon." George said.

As the rest continued to converse, Y/n ate her breakfast. Hermione began to speak about her campaign S.P.E.W.

Fred, George, and Y/n refused to buy a button. Others had bought one to shut her up or because they were mildly interested yet didn't take it seriously.

Fred and Y/n began to toss bacon bits at each other, trying to catch the flying pieces in their mouth. They were more interested in each other than the other's conversations.

George leaned closer to Hermione. "Listen, Hermione. Have you ever been down to the kitchen?" George asked her. "Course not. I hardly think students are supposed to." She replied curtly.

"Well, we have." George referred to himself, Fred and Y/n. "Loads of times. Knick food. We've met them, they're happy. Think they've got the best job in the world."

"That's because they're seriously uneducated." Hermione replied hotly.

Y/n and Fred both rolled their eyes as they tossed bits of bacon at Hermione, a few getting caught in her bushy hair which caused them to have a great laugh before helping her take the bits out.

── ──

It was the evening and everyone was anticipating the arrival of Beauxbatons and Durmstrang.

The Beauxbatons had arrived in a horse drawn carriage. A woman who was as large as Hagrid, perhaps larger stepped out from the carriage.

As she began to walk forward, Dumbledore began to clap and the students followed along.

She graciously smiled and walked over to Dumbledore, extending her hand out as he planted a kiss to it.

Y/n whispered to Fred, "take notes" as she watched the students from Beauxbatons step out the carriage. They were shivering which made sense seeing as their robes were made of silk.

They made their way inside to warm up.

As they waited, Lee then shouted, "the lake! Look at the lake!". A large ship rose out of the water, and they all watched in awe just as they had with Beauxbatons.

The Durmstrang students made their way forward, treading behind their headmaster. Dumbledore and he shook hands before everyone made their way back to the Great Hall.

Beauxbatons had settled with Ravenclaw and Durmstrang settled with Slytherin.

Once the teachers were settled, Dumbledore began to speak.

"Good evening, ladies and gentlemen! And most particularly, guests. I've great pleasure in welcoming you all to Hogwarts. I most trust that your stay here will be more comfortable and most enjoyable." He beamed to the foreign students.

One of the girls from Beauxbatons gave a short and sarcastic laugh. "No one's making you stay." Hermione bristly whispered at her.

"The tournament will officially be opened at the end of the feast. I now invite you all to eat, drink, and make yourselves at home." He sat down as the food began to appear.

Everyone began to eat and engage in conversation.

"You are finished with it?" A blonde girl had asked, her French accent reaching Y/n's ears, which seemed to mesmerize her. Harry and Ron gaped at her, pushing a dish towards her. "Yeah, you can have it."

When the girl walked away, Ron had breathlessly spoken, "she's a veela." Y/n was pulled out of her thoughts as she looked away from the blonde girl.

"Of course she isn't. I don't see anyone else gaping at her like an idiot." Hermione responded with a scoff. But she wasn't entirely correct.

Many boys had turned their heads to look at the girl, many were temporarily speechless.

"I'm telling you, that's not a normal girl." Ron said. "They don't make them like that at Hogwarts."

Y/n scoffed and rolled her eyes. "They make them okay at Hogwarts." Harry said, looking to Cho Chang at the Ravenclaw table.

"They make them more than okay." Y/n mumbled to herself, looking to her friends Angelina and Alicia, the most beautiful girls she had ever met.

"They make them perfectly." Fred leaned down to meet her face, kissing her cheek.