{ 31 }

── ──

It was the day of the match.
Alicia had shook Y/n awake. "Wake up! It's the day of the match! Don't tell me you're tired, you must get up!" She practically exclaimed into Y/n's ear.

"I'm up, I'm up..." Y/n mumbled, she stood up and shuffled her way to the bathroom to get ready.

After getting ready, her and Alicia made their way to the Great Hall where they met up with the rest of the team.

"It's going to be a tough one." Wood said.
"Stop worrying, Oliver." Alicia said, soothingly. "We don't mind a bit of rain."

"I think 'a bit' is an understatement." Y/n said, biting into a piece of toast.

── ──

Once the team had gotten dressed, they waited for Wood's usual pregame speech. But it never came. He tried but the words never came out, instead he just beckoned them to follow him.

Alicia and Y/n looked to each other with concerning looks. "Good luck." Alicia told her, patting her shoulder. Y/n smiled, "you too." She replied.

The wind was so harsh that the team was staggering as they tried to walk out onto the field. If the crowd was cheering, they couldn't hear them over the wind.

Y/n patted Harry's shoulder. "How's your glasses?" She asked him. "Brilliant. I can see clearly." He told her. "Good... good luck." She ruffled his hair a bit and nodded firmly at him. He nodded back.

The captains shook hands and Madam Hootch told them, "mount your brooms".

The team got onto their brooms and kicked off into the air. The match had begun.

── ──

Due to the winds, Y/n gripped tightly onto her broom as she forced it to move in the direction she wanted with all her might.

It was hard to see her teammates, she couldn't see Alicia or Fred, nor Harry.

Much to her dismay, she could barely see the hoops or even the quaffle. She couldn't hear the commentator and she wasn't aware of what exactly was going on in the game.

Overall, everything sucked.

── ──

With the first flash of lightning, Madam Hootch blew her whistle and they all swooped down.

"I called for a timeout!" Wood said. "Come on, under here." He said and they huddled at the edge of the field, under a large umbrella.

"What's the score?"

"We're 50 points up. But unless we get the snitch soon, we'll be playing into the night." Wood told them. "Okay, team, let's go for it!"

The team nodded and they mounted off once again.

The game began to get more and more dangerous as more lightning and thunder appeared.

Y/n swooped under and to the side of a Hufflepuff chaser, she began to press her elbow to their side. They began to push back and in that moment, she smacked the quaffle out of their hand and took hold of it, making her way to the nearest hoop.

She tossed the quaffle into the hoop with all her might, grinning in delight once it made it in.

"Harry, behind you!" She heard Wood screaming to Harry and she saw as Harry began to fly right up after Cedric Diggory.