{ 95 }

── ──

The four sat around, drinking their cup of teas until they were joined by the children.

Ginny, Ron, Harry, and Hermione had finally arrived and they all sat with them.

"Did you know Neville's parents are here?" Ginny had quietly mentioned to Y/n. Y/n shook her head, raising a brow; urging her to continue to speak.

"His parents were attacked by Bellatrix Lestrange. The cruciatus curse. It was terribly upsetting to see. Poor Neville." Ginny explained, her eyes sullen.

Y/n frowned upon hearing this. She set the cup of tea down, slowly starting to stand. "We should perhaps head back... hopefully your mum has finished tearing your father a new asshole."

They all snorted at her colorful choice of words before all agreeing to head back.

"Carry me, I can't walk any longer." She dramatically proclaimed to Fred, pressing the back of her palm to her forehead. She began to slowly lean back as if she were to fall.

And she did.

"Ow! Fred!" Fred tried his hardest to stifle his laughter as he helped his girlfriend off the floor. "Whoops. You slipped." He smiled, puffing his cheeks as the laughter in his throat tried its hardest to escape.

"Slipped? You didn't even try catching me." She rubbed her elbows, dusting off her sides. "Now you have to carry me."

"Gladly." He nodded firmly, picking her up bridal style. She wrapped an arm around his neck, his arms propped beneath her legs and supporting her neck.

She felt his hand trailing upwards.

"Fred..." she looked up at him through narrowed eyes. He bashfully began to smile. "Sorry. I'll save that for later."

── ──

Christmas was spent in the hospital room.
And though the family missed the presence of their son Percy, they all managed to enjoy themselves within the company of each other.

They even managed to make the werewolf in Arthur's room feel included as well. Lupin told him a few things about lycanthropy that made him feel better; he felt like he gained a friend.

The room was filled with joy, laughter, and Christmas carols which were awfully sung by Fred and George.

They soon had to return to Grimmauld Place where they returned to a dinner feast made by Sirius.

Although everything was either undercooked or overcooked. Even the pudding... somehow.

Molly and Y/n ended up taking over.

Moody, Tonks, and Shacklebot joined them for a brief moment as well.

And for that day, everything was blissful.

── ──

The date of their return to Hogwarts drew closer. Y/n dreaded the return.