{ 60 }

── ──

"You believe me, right?" Harry questioned his sister. He needed someone to believe him.

"I didn't put my name in the goblet." He urged, pleading his innocence.

Y/n sighed, slowly nodding her head. "I believe you... you're persistent about it... but you've no choice but to participate now." She put an arm around his shoulder as they headed out the common room.

"I'll try my best to help you figure out what the first task is. Maybe come up with a way to complete it without... uhh—" she trailed.

"Dying." He finished off. She sighed. "Yeah, dying. Or getting seriously injured."

When they walked out the common room, they were met with Hermione. She held a piece of toast up to Harry.

"Wanna go for a walk?" She asked him. "I'll leave you two." Y/n said and made her way to the Great Hall, sitting next to Fred.

"Morning, love." He greeted her. "How'd the Hogwarts champion wake up?" Fred asked. "Did he let you in on his secret?" George butted in. "How'd he do it?" Lee barged into the conversation.

Y/n bit into her toast, exhaling exasperatedly through her nose. She didn't bother entertaining their ludicrous claims or ideas.

"She clearly doesn't want to talk about it." Alicia spoke to the boys, rolling her eyes in the process. Angelina then leaned in. "But how did he do it? I'm upset it wasn't me, but at least it's a Gryffindor."

Y/n continued to ignore them as she sipped her pumpkin juice. From the corner of her eye, she could see that Ron was listening to the conversation as well.

He wanted to know how Harry had managed to get in. Ron was bitter and jealous.

"Oh, c'mon, love. Giving us the cold shoulder?" Fred chimed in, trying to get any word out of her. "That's childish."

"Um... excuse me... Y-You're Harry Potter's sister, right?" A little boy's shy voice called from behind. Y/n turned around, along with her friends heads.

This seemed to have made the boy more nervous as he noticed the stares of the older years.

"I'm Y/n," she falsely smiled slightly, clearly hating being referred to as just Harry's sister.

"I-I was wondering if you could get me Harry Potter's autograph?" The boy asked. "And my brother would like a picture of him." He pointed towards the end of the table. "To celebrate him being the Hogwarts champion!"

Y/n rose a brow, looking over to the boy's brother. Colin Creevey. "Ah... Colin Creevey, quite the fanatic... sure! I'll get you an autograph. And his photo." Y/n smiled to the boy. His face lit up as he ran over to his brother.

"As if he doesn't already have some..." she mumbled softly to herself.

Y/n turned back around, biting into her toast. She had noticed the stares from the Hufflepuff table, they hated that Harry Potter had stolen the spotlight from their very own; Cedric Diggory.

"Can we get autographs too?" Lee, George, and Fred piped in all at once.

She stared at them for a moment, opening her mouth to say something. Then she closed it, shaking her head.

"And back to the cold shoulder." Lee sighed.

── ──

The day continued on. Y/n had to cram in time to her homework, her studies, and her research.

"Take a break." Fred sat beside her, holding out a box of chocolate frogs to her. Y/n shook her head. "I can't. I have a lot of work. And I have to help Harry with the first task..."

"You're overworking yourself, love. You always do." He held the chocolate frog up to her mouth. She bit into it, her eyes fixated on her book.

Fred continued to look at her, before shutting her book. "Come on, get up. Grab your coat." She huffed, rubbing her temples. "Where are we going?"

"On a date." He grinned, holding his hand out for her to take. That damn smile. She reluctantly took his hand, smiling with the sting of Cupid's arrow in her chest.

── ──

"Hogsmeade?"
"Yeah! Delicious butterbeer, tasty sweets, sweet music, and—" he stopped in front of a building.

Y/n looked up at the building. "Madam Puddifoot's tea shop?" She asked him. "Why are we here?"

"I..." he paused before meekly rubbing the back of his neck. "I hear it's a hot spot for couples..." he smiled, holding her cold hand.

Y/n looked up at him, smiling softly. "Well, then... let's go in. Lets see how hot it is."

They stepped in and were immediately met with the tuneful tinkle of a bell. The sound informed anyone within that someone had stepped in.

The decoration was very tacky, frilly, covered with bows, and cramped. The windows steamed up and the round tables were decorated with lacy napkins and china sugar bowls, and cramped up the small shop.

They made their way over to a table, sitting across one another.

"So, what do you think of it?" He asked.
"It's very... pink." She spoke softly, chuckling a bit. He nodded in agreement. "Yeah..."

"What can I get you two dearies?" A plump and short woman with brown eyes and a shiny black bun walked over to them. "The special of the day is homemade madeira cake."

The pair looked down at the menu. Y/n hummed in thought. "I'll have... a cup of rose milk tea..." she looked up to Fred.

"I'll have Earl Grey tea... and we'll take a slice of madeira cake." He looked at the woman with a smile.

She smiled and walked away.

"It's nice in here." Y/n commented.
"Because you're here to light this room up. That, and they have madeira cake." He began to chuckle, his eyes lighting up as his nose scrunched. He even snorted lightly which made Y/n to laugh as well.

The woman made her way back with a tray of cups of tea and a slice of cake.

"You two are quite the lovely couple." She commented, setting their drinks and slice of cake down.

Fred extended his hand, taking in Y/n's in his. "We are, aren't we?" He replied, rubbing her palm with his thumb.

The woman smiled to the pair. "Enjoy." She nodded and walked off.

Y/n sheepishly smiled as she took a smile of tea, letting the warmth warm her up.

── ──

The pair walked hand in hand as they snuck back into Hogwarts. And they were successful. They managed to get back to the Gryffindor common room without anyone catching them.

"I really had fun." Y/n looked up at Fred, holding both his hands in hers. He smiled down at her. "That's what I'm here for, love. Fun."

She stood on her tippy toes, kissing his cheek as she made her way up to her dorm.

Once she was out of view, George quickly made his way up to his twin. Along with their friend Lee Jordan.

"Fun, huh~?" George peered. "What kind of fun~?" Lee suggested. The two raised their eyebrows but noticed that Fred wasn't joining in on the jokes.

He was serious for once.

"I..." Fred began to speak but couldn't finish his sentence. "My brothers!" He began, putting his arms around their shoulders.

"This is the year." He claimed.

"For what?" Lee questioned.
"The year?" George asked.
"For what?" Lee asked again.

"The year." Fred nodded fiercely.

"Dudes! Year for what?" Lee exclaimed.

Fred grinned. "This is the year I make Y/n Potter mine! This is the year I ask Y/n, to be my girlfriend!" He cheered on.