𝟏- 𝐮𝐧𝐮𝐦

── ──

Crashing sounds could be heard coming from downstairs. My mother rushed to my side, she whispered in my ear, kissed my cheek and stood in front of the crib with my brother in it. I stood beside the crib, gripping onto the bars. Footsteps could be heard making their way upstairs.

Before my mother could react, a flash of green light blinded my eyes and her body dropped to the floor. I dropped to my knees and tried to grab the stick that landed beside her. I looked up to the figure, but I could barely make out his features. I let out a scream, "no!" as I saw him point his stick towards my brother. The flash of green light once again blinded my eyes and tears fell from my eyes as I thought that my brother was dead.

Opening my eyes, I could see that the figure was gone but my brother was still here. A scar had formed over his right eye, on his forehead in the shape of a lightning bolt. Thinking for a moment, I quickly picked him up and ran out the room. I feared the figure would come back and finish what he left unfinished. I heard some footsteps run through the front door so I quickly hid in a closet. I slowly rocked my brother, hoping to soothe him and help him fall asleep.

I slowly opened the door to the closet and peeked out of it, making sure no one was in view. I could see the body of my father and a stick next to him. I picked up the stick and made my way towards the room, still carrying my brother. I stood at the doorway, holding the stick up, I visualized the green light that had come out of it.

When I got a peek inside, I could see a man in all black, he was crying and holding my mother's body in his arms. He opened his eyes and looked at me as he held her. I was too scared to speak but I managed to utter the words, "who you?"

He simply murmured, "a friend."

── ──

The man in all black had left, but he told me to stay put. Time passed and a big man with a large black beard came. He introduced himself as "Hagrid" and handed me a basket to place my sleeping brother in. He told me that he knew my parents and that he was sent to pick us up. He said he was taking me to my aunt and uncle.

We got onto the motorbike and flew off. We arrived at a place, and there was an old man with a long white beard and a tall woman stood next to him.

The old man introduced himself as "Albus" and told me that he was friends with my parents. He told me a few things that I was supposed to say and motioned me towards a house.

I knocked on the door, my small fists barely making an impact. I looked back to the three people who watched over us and they motioned for me to knock again.

This time, I knocked again and my knocking sounded twice as loud as the other time. I slightly jumped back and waited for someone to open the door.

Loud yelling can be heard from inside until two people opened the door. A large man with hardly any neck and a tall woman who was all neck. The man glared then finally looked down. "Who are you?" He questioned.

"Mummy...daddy...dead... car accident...you, aunt...uncle..." she looked back, trying to spot the three people that were there but they were gone.

The two people shared a confused look. "What was that?" The woman asked. "What is your name, little girl?"

"Y/N... Y/N Potter... this baby brother...Harry. Our mum and dad are dead... you our auntie and uncle..."

The woman placed a hand to her heart, and the other to her mouth. She was in shock to hear the news that her sister had died. Tears welled up in her eyes and the man comforted her.

The little girl walked into the house, dragging the basket behind her. She looked around and asked "where sleep?"