{ 14 }

── ──

Monday morning.

The air was thick throughout the school. Rumors and suspicion flowed. No first year walked alone. The news of Colin Creevey spread throughout the school.

Ginny was distraught and Fred and George's attempts at cheering her up weren't helping.

Fred and George would cover themselves in fur and boils, jumping at her from behind statues until Percy threatened to tell Molly.

That put a stop to their poor attempts of helping.

── ──

Fred, George, and Y/n were headed to the Great Hall, they were headed to the dueling club. Y/n signed them up, the three of them thought it would be interesting.

"I heard Flitwick was a dueling champion when he was young." George said. "How long ago was that?" Fred chuckled. "As long as it's not Lockheart, I'm fine with that." Y/n replied but the moment she walked in, she immediately regretted it. "Oh no..." she groaned.

Lockheart walked onto the stage. "Gather round, gather round. Can everyone see me? Can you all hear me? Excellent! Professor Dumbledore has granted me permission to start this little dueling club to train you all up in case you ever need to defense yourself like I, myself have done on several occasions. For full details, see my published work."

Y/n rolled her eyes, leaning onto Fred as she snored, earning a few glares from some girls. "Boringgg..." she muttered.

"Let me introduce my assistant, Professor Snape." Lockheart introduced.

"Imagine if they finished each other off." Fred whispered to Y/n and George, they both chuckled in response.

As they watched the two professors get ready to duel, Snape casted a spell, "Expelliarmus", a scarlet light shot out from his wand and Lockheart flew backwards off the stage and into the wall.

A few Slytherins cheered, Y/n did as well.

Lockheart stood and walked back onto the stage, he started bragging about how he meant for Snape to disarm him.

Harry and Draco soon met at the stage. This sight urged Y/n to move closer.

"Scared, Potter?" Draco smirked. "You wish." Harry responded. They both faced away from each other and started to walk. They soon faced each other again. As Lockheart counted, the moment he reached 2, Malfoy casted his spell.

Harry flew backwards but soon stood up. "Rictusempra!" He casted his spell and Malfoy flew back. Snape quickly lifted him up and pushed him forward.

"I said disarm only!" Lockheart exclaimed.

"Serpensortia!" Malfoy casted, a snake flew out from out his wand. The snake began to hiss and slither over to Harry.

"I'll get rid of it for you." Snape said. "Allow me, Professor Snape." Lockheart stepped forward and pointed his wand to the snake. "Alarte ascendare!" He casted, the snake shot up into the air then landed roughly.

The snake hissed and looked around at the students. Harry got closer to the snake. The snake turned to face a student. The snake kept getting closer, Harry speaking to it.

Y/n impulsively stepped in front of the student, pointing her wand at the snake. The snake turned to face Harry, Y/n glanced to her brother before casting her spell. "Vipera evanesca!"

The snake soon vanished and the student thanked her. They all stared at Harry.

Harry grinned but once he realized everyone was staring at him in shock, his grin faded. "What do you think you're playing at?!" Justin yelled before storming out.

Ron, Harry, and Hermione walked out the hall, some people moved away in fear.

"He's a parselmouth..." she heard Fred mumble. Y/n quickly ran out the hall in search for Harry.

── ──

Y/n and Harry walked into the common room, Ron and Hermione walking after them.

"You're a parselmouth..." she mumbled. She said it as if she was trying to convince herself instead of informing him. "Has this happened before?" She questioned.

Harry stayed quiet for a bit before nodding. "I let a snake out at the zoo... then Dudley got stuck inside the glass." He explained. She chuckled. "Wish I could've seen that."

"You could've if you stayed." Harry said without thought. Y/n was stunned, clearing her throat a bit. "Right... what did you tell the snake? Everyone thinks you were egging the snake on."

"I wasn't! I told the snake to back off!" Harry raised his voice, beginning to become annoyed with the assumptions of people.

"I believe you, okay? I believe you...now people are really going to think you're the heir of slytherin..." she told him. "But I'm not!" He shouted. "I know!" She shouted back.

"So what now?" He asked her. She merely stayed quiet and shrugged meekly.

── ──

Fred and George kept trying to cheer their friend up in the middle of class but Y/n's focus was elsewhere.

Not on the lesson, nor the boys.

But something broke them all out of their thoughts. Peeve's voice which shouted: "Attack! Attack! Another attack! No mortal or ghost is safe! Run for your lives! Attack!"

The doors swung open, students made their way out to the corridor. Y/n was one of the first and sight before her made her stomach drop.

Justin was petrified and so was Nearly Headless Nick. Ernie pinned Harry to a wall. "Caught in the act!" He accused Harry. Y/n pulled him off. "Back off of him!"

McGonagoll stepped forward and ordered everyone back into their classes.

Teachers examined the bodies as Peeves broke into song about Harry. McGonagoll sent Peeves off, Flitwick carried Justin to the hospital wing and Ernie fanned Nearly Headless Nick away.

"I suggest you head back to class, Ms. Potter." McGonagoll informed her.

Y/n stared at her for a bit before nodding slowly. "Yes, Professor." She glanced to Harry before making her way back to class, passing Fred and George who stared at her.

"You too, Mr. Weasleys."

They walked back and took their seats.

"Are you alright, Y/n?" Fred asked. "Yeah, I'm fine." She shortly responded. She didn't say much after that.

Fred had to admit it, he was worried for his friend.