{ 19 }

Y/n was slowly running out of time.
And she knew it.

── ──

She was slowly losing consciousness, but she was trying to pull through. Sure she couldn't move, but she tried so hard to keep her eyes open.

For a moment, she swore, she could see her mother and father. Smiling down at her.

"You're dead, Harry Potter." Tom Riddle spoke up. "Dead. Just like your parents, your sister, and even poor little Ginny over there. Even Dumbledore's bird knows it. He's crying."

Harry looked at Fawkes who had his head on Y/n's injured arm, his thick tears falling onto her arm.

"She'll be seeing her mudblood mother soon."

'So this is dying, huh?... not so bad... even the pain is going away...' Y/n thought to herself, struggling to keep her thoughts in tact. 'I'm sorry mom and dad... I couldn't protect Harry any longer... I abandoned him... and Molly... I want to thank her for taking care of me...'

She closed her eyes, accepting her fate. But something stopped her. She heard a voice, it sounded like a woman's voice. "It's not your time, Y/n. Not yet."

Y/n's eyes jolted open, her vision fully regained. She could see the ceiling of the chamber. "M-Mom...?" She mumbled to herself, looking around. She could see Harry, both sharing a look of shock. "H-Harry..."

They looked down at Fawkes, and she noticed that her wound was no longer there. "You're a pretty cool bird." She patted his head.

Harry and Y/n looked up at Tom who was pointing Harry's wand at them, his target focus being Harry. "Phoenix tears..." Tom informed them. "Healing powers... I forgot." He muttered.

Y/n stifled a snort. "You dare laugh at me!?" Tom huffed, now pointing the wand at her. He looked back to Harry. "Doesn't matter. It won't stop me from killing you."

Y/n stood up, pointing her own wand at Tom. "And what's to stop me from killing you?" She narrowed her eyes.

"You can't kill me. I am above you. You're weak, just like your mudblood mother." Tom spat at her.

Her grip on her wand tightened.

Before any of them could do something, they heard something drop and they saw Harry holding Tom's diary. Harry without a second thought, grabbed the basilisk fang and stabbed the diary.

Ink spurted out from the diary and there was a loud, piercing scream. Riddle started to scream and he was twisting. Y/n stepped back, holding an arm out to Harry, protectively.

And then, he was gone. There was silence.

Y/n fell to her knees, exhaling in relief. "You did it!" She grinned, her head was spinning and her body was still shaking. Harry stood up, gathering up his wand and the sorting hat. "We did it." He told her.

"You were amazing." They complimented each other. Realization came to Y/n's mind when they heard a faint moan from the end of the chamber.

"Ginny!" Y/n stood up, ignoring the pain in her head and ran over to Ginny. Harry ran over as well. Ginny sat up. She looked to the basilisk, then the blood on Y/n's clothes and to the diary in Harry's hand.

She drew a shuddering gasp and tears began to pour out from her eyes. "Harry! I tried to tell you, but I couldn't say it to you! It was me, I swear I didn't mean to!" She was a crying, stuttering mess.

Y/n stood up, walking towards the entrance. She picked up the sword that she had dropped. "You two coming or what?" She called out to them. She looked to them and could see that Ginny was still crying and Harry was comforting her. Y/n smiled, knowingly.