𝟐- 𝐝𝐮𝐨

── ──

Harry Potter was now ten years old and would soon be turning eleven. Round glasses shaped his face, matching those of his father. Eyes like his mother, looks just like his father.

Yelling and banging can be heard outside his cupboard under the stairs, where he slept.
"Up! Get up!" said the voice of a woman. "Now!" she said with one final bang.

Harry rose up, switching the light on and gently grabbed his glasses, putting them on.

Loud and heavy steps could be heard descending from the stairs, then they went back. Loud stomping caused debris to fall onto Harry's face. "Wake up Potter! We're going to the zoo!" The groggy voice of a boy could be heard. The loud and heavy steps descended once again.

Just as Harry was about to get out his small cupboard, he was pushed back in by the boy and he kicked the door closed. Harry walked out and made his way to the kitchen.

Petunia and Vernon Dursley were smothering their child with love, as it was his birthday.

"Why don't you just cook the breakfast and try not to burn anything." The woman said. "Yes, Aunt Petunia." Harry said, respectfully.

"Hurry up! Bring my coffee boy!" Vernon ordered. "Yes, Uncle Vernon." Harry once again, spoke respectfully.

Dudley stared at his presents. He then started yelling about how last year he had thirty-seven presents, but this year only thirty-six. Petunia promised him two more presents while Harry just stared at them.

── ──

The family was in the reptile house, all staring at a snake who didn't seem to be bothered. Until that was ruined.

"Make it move!" Dudley spoke. His father banged on the glass, but the snake wouldn't budge. Dudley knocked louder. "Move!"

"He's asleep!" Harry told them. They began to walk away but Harry stayed back. It's the one time he can be away from them. He began to speak to the snake, apologizing for his cousin's behavior.

The snake moved its head and it seemed to understand Harry. "Can you hear me?" He spoke in disbelief. The snake nodded and rose up.

Harry asked if the snake talked to people often and it shook its head. Dudley then ran over, pushing Harry out of the way. "Mummy, Dad, look here! You won't believe what the snake is doing!"

Dudley pressed his hands and face to the glass, staring at the snake as if it was his dinner.

Harry stared at Dudley and the glass, he glared at him, and then, all of a sudden...
the glass disappeared and Dudley fell through.

The snake slithered out, making its way towards Harry. And as it slithered off, the snake could be heard saying, "Brazil, here i comeee. Thanksss amigooo"

People screamed as the snake slithered past them. Suddenly, when Dudley tried getting out, the glass had reappeared. His parents panicked as did he. Harry found it funny but that happy feeling would soon disappear.

── ──

Petunia held her soaking wet son, leading him into the house. Harry and Vernon soon walked in, Vernon quickly grabbing Harry by his hair.

"What happened?!" Vernon asked. "I swear, I don't know! One minute the glass was there and then it was gone, it was like magic!" Harry tried to explain. But it was no use.

Vernon shoved Harry back into the cupboard, locking it so that Harry couldn't get out.

"There's no such thing as magic!" Vernon exclaimed.

── ──

Harry got the mail. Harry received mail.

"Mr. H Potter
The Cupboard under the Stairs
4, Privet Drive
Little Whinging,
Surrey"

Oddly specific location. He made his way into the kitchen, as he was about to open his letter, Dudley snatched it.

Vernon and Petunia shared a look once they read the letter and where it was from.

More letters came and came, everyday. But each one of them were destroyed by his guardians. More owls were posted up outside.

Vernon had gone mad. "Fine day, Sunday." He asked his clueless son as to why, but his clueless son didn't know. "Because there's no post on Sunday." Harry said.

As Harry looked out the window, he could see an owl fly by. As Vernon kept saying how no letters would come, a letter did come. From the fireplace and across his face.

There was rumbling before many letters came flying through. Harry stood onto the coffee table and caught one of the letters. He tried running but Vernon caught him. Harry tried fighting him off but Vernon was a big man who wouldn't budge.

"That's it, we're going away! Far away! Where they can't find us!" Vernon exclaimed.
"Daddy's gone mad, hasn't he?!" Dudley exclaimed. Petunia stared in horror.

── ──

The Dursleys had gone away. Far away.

Harry drew in the dirty floor, a cake with the words "Happy Birthday" and drew eleven candles. Once the clock struck twelve, he spoke to himself, "Make a wish, Harry." and blew the dirt away.

He had to admit, he felt alone.

Harry was alone.

Especially after his sister ran away when he was nine.