{ 20 }

── ──

Y/n slowly made her way downstairs, yawning softly as pushed her hair back. She could hear voices coming from downstairs.

As she peered closer, the sight before her was quite... amusing, you could say.

"No, you're doing it wrong!-" George exclaimed, frustratedly.
"Give it here!" Fred snapped, snatching the object from Ron's hand and held it up high so that Ron couldn't reach.
"You do it if you're so clever then!" Ron huffed, puffing his cheeks.

"What's going on here?" Y/n finally spoke up, crossing her arms. They turned to look at her and she noticed the object in their hand. It was telephone. She couldn't it, she began to laugh.

"What're you laughing at?" Ron looked at her, sassily putting his hands to his hips.

"If you needed help with a telephone, you could've asked me." She told them once her laughter died down, and she stepped closer to the boy who kept the phone raised in the air. "May I?" She held her hand out and he placed the phone into her hand.

Ron handed her the parchment with the number and she began to dial it. "I don't hear anything." Ron said. "Just wait." Y/n responded, holding the telephone up to her ear, the three boys leaned in close to have a listen.

"Vernon Dursley speaking."
Y/n's eyes widened, she didn't expect to ever hear that voice again. Before she could respond, Ron snatched the phone from Y/n and began to scream into the phone.

"HELLO? HELLO? CAN YOU HEAR ME?
I WANT TO TALK TO HARRY POTTER!" The twins and Y/n had stepped back, flinching at Ron's loudness. "Ron, they can hear you perfectly fine—"

"WHO IS THIS? WHO ARE YOU?" She could hear her uncle yell. "RON WEASLEY! I'M A FRIEND OF HARRY'S FROM SCHOOL!" The boys couldn't help but laugh at the whole interaction, Y/n shook her head while trying to mask her laughter.

"THERE IS NO HARRY POTTER HERE!
I DON'T KNOW WHAT SCHOOL YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT! NEVER CONTACT ME AGAIN! DON'T COME NEAR MY FAMILY!" And just like that, Vernon hung up.

Ron looked offended. "That's downright cruel! He stopped talking!"

"He hung up on you, Ron." Y/n sighed, putting the telephone away. "The Dursleys aren't nice people. They don't like anything that's not within their definition of 'normal'". She explained to them.

"Oh no... I just got my best friend in trouble." That was Ron's only concern.

Y/n sighed, knowing Harry was probably receiving a lecture and punishment as of this moment.

── ──

Y/n was sipping her tea, closing her eyes and appreciating the silence.

"I WON!!" bellowed a loud voice as they came in through the front door.

'There goes the silence.' She thought to herself as she turned to look at Arthur Weasley who had a wide grin on his face.

Molly came down, her children following after her like ducks. "What'd you win, dear?"

"I WON THE ANNUAL DAILY PROPHET GALLEON DRAW!" He exclaimed with excitement, taking his wife into his arms and kissing her cheeks repeatedly.

Y/n found it cute, the others not so much. "Congratulations, Arthur!" Y/n congratulated him, sipping her tea. "Congrats, dad!" His children exclaimed, one after another. "Oh dear, that's wonderful!" Molly kissed his cheeks.

"What're you going to do with the money, dad?" Fred asked. "Yeah, dad, what are you going to do?" George added on.

"We're going to visit your brother Charlie in Egypt!" He exclaimed, the twins and Ron cheered. "You're coming along too, Y/n!" He pointed at her. They all looked at her.