{ 77 }

── ──

"So... let me get this straight. The Order of the Phoenix is an organization created to oppose against Vo— You-Know-Who and the death eaters, and right now it is being kept secret from the ministry...?"

Y/n repeated all that Dumbledore had told her. She was still in disbelief.

"That is correct." Dumbledore nodded. "And I'd like you to join the cause, Miss Potter."

"You want me to join the order?"

"Well, not as an official member, not until you finish your final year of Hogwarts, of course, but you'd still be apart of the organization."

"You, as well, Mister Weasley." He looked to Fred. "I'll be speaking to your brothers Ron and George, as well, and Miss Granger as well."

Fred and Y/n looked at each other. Y/n didn't know what to respond, so Fred answered for them. "Of course we'll join! Can we sit in on meetings?"

Dumbledore let out a soft chuckle. "Not yet." Fred visibly frowned. "Miss Potter?" Dumbledore looked to her. "Are you completely sure?"

"I... yeah, I am!" She nodded firmly.

"Good, that's good. It'll be good to have another animagus around." Dumbledore spoke, Y/n's eyes widened in shock as Fred stared at her shockingly as well.

"How did you—"

"Well, I must be off. Good day, Miss Potter and Mister Weasley. I'm sure we'll be seeing more of each other around." Dumbledore bid goodbye to the family and strode out the burrow.

"You're an animagi?" Fred exclaimed. "And you didn't tell me?!" He added. "Shhh! I haven't registered yet so I was keeping it a secret until I finished school..." she sighed, stroking his cheek. "I'm sorry, I was going to tell you eventually, I swear."

Fred looked into her eyes before nodding. He nodded understandably before his eyes began to twinkle. "Can you show me?"

Y/n chuckled softly before nodding. "Come on." She stood up, taking his hand in hers and dragging outside to the back of the house.

── ──

"Okay... ready?"

"Y/n, that's dangerous!"

"You like dangerous!"

"Not when it includes you."

"I'll be fine, trust me."

Y/n was standing on the very top of a large tree, ready to jump down. Fred stood at the bottom, a wavering panic in his heart.

She closed her eyes, taking a deep breath before taking a leap of faith. "Y/n!"

'Come on, come on, come on, come on, come on, come on—'

"Woah!" Fred cheered and laughed, jumping around. Y/n opened her eyes, flapping her wings. 'Oh, thank Merlin... I didn't hit the ground.'

"A bat... fitting." He chuckled, examining the bat in front of him. She flew circles around his head before perching herself onto his shoulder.

He smiled softly, petting her. "That's really impressive... think you could teach me?"

She merely shrugged, letting out a small squeak that sounded like 'maybe'.

── ──

Days passed. Hermione, George and Ron had now become unofficial members of the Order of the Phoenix. Which meant work was getting done.

Y/n was in charge of delivering messages just as Sirius would often do but Sirius was off with Remus at the moment, Sirius was keeping low, and they were busy gathering members which left her as the designated delivery man.