{ 50 }

── ──

"Mister Weasley, can you hear me?"

It was Harry. "Mister Weasley, it's Harry. You won't be able to go through here. They blocked the fireplace."

"What on earth would they want to block the fireplace for?" Arthur asked.

"They've got an electric fire." That immediately peaked Arthur's interest. "How are we going to get out?" George's muffled voice spoke up.

"Ah, I got it!" Arthur spoke up. "Stand back Harry!"

"What are you going to do?" Vernon's voice boomed. Bam! The fireplace shot open and shot out Arthur, Fred, Y/n, George, and Ron.

Y/n dusted herself off. "I tried telling you." She looked at Arthur. "Sorry, I was a bit excited. I didn't think we wouldn't be able to go through the other side." He meekly smiled. He dusted himself off and looked to Vernon and Petunia.

"Ah, you must be their aunt and uncle." He made his way towards Vernon, his hand outstretched but Vernon backed away.

Vernon was covered in white dust. "Yes, sorry about that." Arthur apologized. "I had your fireplace connected to the floo network."

Arthur then looked to Harry. "Got your trunk, Harry?" He grinned. "It's upstairs." Harry grinned back.

"We'll get it!" Fred winked to Harry as him and George set off to Harry's room. Fred pulled Y/n along as well.

The three were hoping to pull some sort of prank on Dudley. They made their way upstairs and into Harry's bedroom.

"Oh, Dutters, where are you?" Y/n called from upstairs and looked around. "Not here." She informed the two boys and they made their way back downstairs.

Fred, George, and Y/n made their way into the living room. Fred and George were carrying Harry's school trunk and they soon spotted Dudley hiding behind his mother and father.

Their faces cracked into wicked smiles.

"Right, well... better get cracking." Arthur spoke up and took out his wand. The Dursleys backed into the wall. "Incendio." Arthur lit a fire at the fireplace and took out a bag of floo powder. He tossed the powder into the fire, the fire now burning green.

"Go on, Fred."

"Coming!" Fred spoke up. "Oh no, wait." He had spilled a bag of sweets, the contents rolling on the floor. He scrambled to get the contents back into his bag then waved to the Dursleys as he stepped into the fire.

"The Burrow!" He called out and disappeared. The Dursleys gasped in horror. George then disappeared with Harry's trunk.

Ron went next and lastly was left; Harry, Arthur and Y/n. "Well... bye then." Harry said as he stepped towards the fireplace.

The Dursleys didn't respond.

Arthur held his hand out. "Harry said bye to you, didn't you hear him?"

Y/n watched the exchange. "You aren't going to see him until next summer." He told them.

Vernon's face grimaced. "Goodbye then." He spoke with distaste. Before Harry could leave, Petunia had screamed.

Dudley was now gagging and choking on a purple slimey thing. It was his tongue! Y/n couldn't help but burst out laughing.

"I can sort him out!" Arthur advanced towards Dudley with his wand but Petunia threw herself onto him. "No, really! It's a simple process, it was the toffee, my son Fred he's a real practical joker."