{ 38 }

── ──

At the practice, even Madam Hooch was surprised by Harry's Firebolt.

She had been analyzing and going on and on about how they upgraded brooms.

Until Wood cut in. "Umm, Madam Hooch?... is it okay if Harry has his broom back? We have to practice." He told her. "Oh right, sorry!" She said and handed the broom back to Harry.

Her and Ron went to sit as the Gryffindor team went on to practice.

They all fawned and were impressed by Harry's broom. He was going by like a blur.

The team was encouraged to do their best by the presence of a Firebolt. When the practice had ended, Wood had no criticisms.

Which George pointed out; was the first.

"I can't see what's going to stop us tomorrow. Not unless... Harry, you sorted your dementor problem, haven't you?" Wood asked. "Uhh... yeah..." Harry responded.

"The dementors won't turn up again, Oliver." George spoke confidently.

"I hope not." Wood said and they all soon turned back to the changing rooms. Harry stayed behind to let Ron go on the Firebolt.

── ──

The next morning at breakfast, everyone was stunned to see the Firebolt.

Slytherin was thunderstruck. Gryffindor was basking in the glory. Cedric had congratulated Harry on replacing his Nimbus with a "superb broomstick". Penelope Clearwater; Percy's girlfriend had asked if she could hold the broom.

Apparently her and Percy had a bet going on. 10 galleons on whoever wins.

"You have to win, Harry." Percy whispered to Harry. "I haven't got 10 galleons." He said then went off with his girlfriend.

Malfoy soon came over. "Shame it hasn't got a parachute, for when you see another dementor." He and his cronies laughed.

"Shame yours hasn't got an extra arm, I bet I could catch the snitch before you." Harry responded and the Gryffindor table laughed.

He flushed red and went off back to hells from whence he came; the Slytherin table.

── ──

At 11, the Gryffindor team went off for the standard procedure.

The weather was much better than last time, it was clear skies and a light breeze.

They got changed and before they went off, Wood gave them a small speech.

"You all know what to do... if we lose this match, we're out of the running." He said. "Fly like in practice yesterday, and we'll be okay."

They walked out and met with the Ravenclaw team in the middle of the pitch as the crowd cheered loudly and wildly.

Cho Chang who was the Seeker for the Ravenclaw team was the only girl.

Y/n glanced between Harry and Cho when she noticed that Cho had smiled at Harry and he seemed to have gotten nervous.

She smirked and leaned down to whisper to him, "don't go frolicking with the enemy."

The captains shook hands, everyone mounted their brooms and went off at the sound of Madam Hooch's whistle.

── ──