{ 76 }

── ──

It was the summer of 1995.
Y/n, Fred and George had just passed their apparating test. Much to everyone's dismay, they found it a habit of themselves to be apparating and disapparating around the Burrow.

They began to play a game of tag but it soon came to their attention that apparating seemed to take up a lot of energy and lead to hunger.

Late at night, Y/n quietly made way from her shared room with Ginny to Fred and George's room. Quietly opening the door, she made her way inside the room.

The room was small, cramped and messy. Exploded objects laid around and two small but long beds were across each other.

"Fred..." Y/n whispered softly. She took a step closer but stopped in her tracks when a loud snore rang out from across the room. She held her breath, afraid to even make a sound. When the snore quieted down, she crept closer to the sleeping figure of Fred.

"Fred, wake up." She tapped him lightly. He didn't wake. She tapped him once again. This time he snored loudly. She tapped him again and as if he just saw his life flash before his eyes, he gasped loudly before waking up with a jolt.

"Bloody hell...!" Y/n whispered, holding a hand to her chest. "Why'd you wake up like that?"

Fred seemed to have been just processing that he was now awake and in his room. "Huh...? What...? What's going on?" He muttered, looking around and at her.

She pressed a finger to his lips. "Shush and get ready. We're going out." She grinned. Light from the pale moonlight shone down on her bright smile.

He had no choice but to follow that smile.
So he nodded and quietly stood up. She walked over to his bedroom window, opening it and quietly jumping down into the grass.

After he was dressed and ready to leave, he followed after the sneaky little minx and jumped out the window, into the grass.

The two held hands, their eyes meeting each other's. "Ready for an adventure?" She whispered, a mischievous glint behind her eyes.

"I'll follow you anywhere." He replied.

So she gripped his hand tightly and focused her mind on where she wanted to go. And with a quick "pop", they arrived at—

"A train station?" He questioned, looking down at her with a raised brow.
"A muggle train station. We're going into the muggle world." She grinned, the two standing behind a yellow line.

"I want you to see the muggle world. And plus, it's been years since I've been here sooo... it'll be a fun adventure for the two of us."

"Don't we need muggle money?"

"I already took care of that. I went to Gringotts a while ago and exchanged some of my money into pounds— which is what muggles in London call their currency. I have this all planned out, Freddie, trust me." She looked up at him, smiling genuinely.

He smiled back. "I trust you completely, Y/n. Probably more than I should." He snorted before chuckling softly. He leaned down to press a kiss on her lips but before he could reach down, a gust of rushing wind nearly knocked them back.

The train arrived.

She quickly pulled him onto the train as a few muggles pushed past them. They sat down next to each other. Excitement was written on her face as she laid her head on his shoulder.

The two whispered to each other, commenting on the weird muggles, smiling and laughing with each other. The people around them thought of them as two lovers eloping by the way they seemed to be completely in love with each other, a sense of freedom surrounding them.