{ 58 }

── ──

Dumbledore to speak once again.
Fred and George were now leaned forward, all eyes and ears on Dumbledore.

"The moment has come." Dumbledore began to speak. "The Triwizard Tournament is about to start. I would like to say a few words of explanation before we bring in the casket."

Dumbledore began by introducing Bartimius Crouch and Ludo Bagman, the two received quite a bit of respectable applause. He explained how Bagman and Crouch were judges along with himself, Madam Maxime and Professor Karkaroff.

Filch then brought up a large casket, embedded in jewels which looked ancient.

"The instructions for the tasks the champions will have to take have already been examined by Mister Crouch and Mister Bagman. They have made the necessary arrangements for each challenge." Dumbledore explained as Filch set the casket on the table in front of Dumbledore.

Every student was silent as they all watched carefully. Excitement buzzed within everyone. The hall seemed as if no one was breathing.

"As you know, three champions compete in the tournament. One from each of the participating schools will be marked on how well they perform the tournament tasks and the champion with the highest total at the end of task 3 will win the Triwizard Tournament."

"The champions will be chosen by an impartial judge; the Goblet of Fire."

Dumbledore tapped his wand on the casket three times. The lid creaked open and he pulled out a large, wooden goblet. It wasn't anything special, except for the dancing blue-white flames on the edges.

Dumbledore closed the casket and placed the goblet on top of it so that everyone could see.

"Anyone wishing to submit themselves as champion must submit their name and school clearly upon a slip of parchment and drop it into the goblet.

Aspiring champions have 24 hours in which to put their names forward. Tomorrow night, Halloween, the goblet will return the names of the three it is judged most worthy to represent their schools."

── ──

"An aged line?" Fred spoke, his eyes glinting as they made their way to the common room.

"Well, that should be fooled by an aging potion, shouldn't it?" He looked to Y/n. "Once your name's in the goblet, you're laughing, it can't tell whether you're 17 or not."

"But i don't think anyone under 17 will stand a chance." Hermione spoke up from behind. "We just haven't learned enough."

"Speak for yourself." George replied shortly. "I've learned plenty." Y/n spoke smugly. "I could easily win that tournament, no matter the challenges." She boasted proudly, waving a hand to Hermione, as if dismissing her earlier comment.

"He'll try and get in, won't you, Harry?" George asked Harry. Y/n's smug look faltered as she looked to her younger brother. Him? Entering a dangerous tournament? No way!

"No... no way." She immediately replied for him. "It's too dangerous for him." She walked to his side, putting an arm around his shoulder as she squished his cheeks together. "He's a child!"

"So are you." He replied, his words were just as squished as his cheeks were. "Weren't you just boasting about being able to win the tournament?" He sassed as he swatted her hand away. "Why can't I?"

She waved her hand dismissively once again. "Yes, yes, I'm a hypocrite."

Their banter would've continued if they weren't interrupted by Ron asking where the Durmstrang students would be sleeping.

── ──

The next morning, many of the students had gotten up early to watch if anyone would put their name in the goblet.

Y/n was one of those early students.

Running down the staircase were Fred, George, and Lee. The three were laughing and looking very excited. Y/n walked behind them, her amusement gleaming through her smile.

She made her way over to her friends Angelina and Alicia who were ready to watch the boys attempt to fool the age line.

Did she expect this to work? Not really.
Did she have faith? A bit.
Would she still enjoy this even if it failed?
Definitely.

"Done it!" Fred triumphantly shouted. "Just taken it!" He ran over to Ron, Harry and Hermione. "One drop each." George said, rubbing his hands together.

"We only need to be a few months older." Fred said. "We're going to split the thousand galleons between the three of us if one of us wins." Lee spoke, grinning broadly.

Harry looked to Y/n. "Did you take it as well?" Y/n shook her head, smiling. "I just helped make it."

"I'm not sure this is going to work." Hermione said. "I'm sure Dumbledore will have thought of this."

Fred, George, and Lee ignored her. "Ready?" Fred asked the other two as they were all quivering with excitement. "I'll go first."

He looked to Y/n, winking her way as he readied himself to jump into the age line.

"Do you seriously think that'll work?" Hermione whispered to Y/n. Y/n quickly snorted, covering her mouth to hide her amused laugh. "Of course not, but it's fun to watch them try."

Alicia and Angelina laughed at her side. "Have a bit of faith." Angelina told her. Alicia chuckled softly. "Anything is possible with those two."

Fred pulled his slip of parchment out as he stood on the edge of the age line. With everyone's eyes on him, he took a deep breath and stepped over the line.

George let out a yell of triumph and leapt after Fred. For a moment, Y/n thought it had actually worked.

But her ear had perked up and she could hear a sizzling noise. Soon after, so did everyone else.

Both twins had been thrown out the circle and they landed painfully ten feet away on the cold stone floor.

There was a loud popping noise and they both had now sprouted long, white beards. The hall rang with laughter. Fred and George soon joined in on the laugh as they got to their feet and got a good look at each other's beards.

"I did warn you." Dumbledore spoke as he walked into the hall, his voice was amused. "I suggested you both go up to Madam Pomfrey, she is already attending to Miss Faucet of Ravenclaw and Mister Summers of Hufflepuff both of whom decided to age themselves up a little though i must say none of their beards are as fine as yours."

Fred and George set off to the hospital for wing. Following behind were Lee, Alicia, Angelina, and Y/n who were each making their own jokes, howling with laughter.

"Never knew you were into older men." Alicia teased Y/n. "I'll be writing his will pretty soon." Y/n laughed.

"I forgot to mention it..." Angelina began to speak. They all turned to look at her.

"I put my name in the goblet this morning." There was a silence at first before the boys cheered her on as they lifted her into the air.

Alicia and Angelina began to cheer, "The future Hogwarts champion!"

"It'll be nice to have a Gryffindor champion," Lee said, nodding firmly as they set Angelina back onto the floor.

"And a female." Y/n spoke up, hugging Angelina with a wide grin. Alicia hugged Angelina tightly. "I hope you get it, Angelina." Y/n told her. "Thanks." Angelina replied with a smile.