𝟑- 𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐬

── ──

August 20, 1989
Y/N and Harry were awaken by the banging on the door to their small cupboard. Harry gently grabbed his glasses and put them on. Y/n turned the light on and rubbed her eyes, looking to Harry.

"Morning, Harry." She smiled.
"Morning, Y/n." He smiled back.

"Remember, you have to clean the kitchen today, I'll do the bathroom." She told him, opening the door to the cupboard and getting out. She stretched her whole body, nearly being pushed by the big lump she calls a cousin.

"Move out of the way!" He told her as he ran past.

'I swear I'll poison his food...' she thought to herself and walked towards the door, picking up the mail that been dropped off.

Harry got out of the cupboard and made his way to the kitchen, getting ready to prepare breakfast for the family that sat at the table.

Y/n's eyes scanned the mail, her brows furrowed as she noticed a letter for her. She thought for a second and quickly walked back to her cupboard, hiding it inside a box.

She walked to the kitchen. "Were you slacking off?!" She was asked by her aunt. "No, ma'am." She responded, walking to Harry, taking over on making breakfast. "Go set up the table." She whispered to him.

Harry nodded and grabbed the plates, walking to the table but he tripped over Dudley's foot who purposely stuck it out.

Y/n quickly ran over, disregarding the eggs. His uncle quickly stood up, leaning over towards Harry but she stood in front of him.

"Leave him alone! It wasn't his fault!" She yelled. Vernon grabbed her arm and pushed her aside. "Stay out of it or you're next!"

She furrowed her brows, about to run over to save her brother but her aunt grabbed her and held her back. "Let me go, you long necked woman!" She yelled, kicking her legs and tried pulling at her arms. Lights flickered, one cup shattered.

The smoke detector started going off, the disregarded breakfast was burning.

They all got spooked. "That's it." Vernon spoke and he grabbed Y/n by the back of her neck, he lead her to the cupboard and locked her in.

"No meals for a month. And no coming out." He threatened. Harry was soon to join her. She was fuming, curling her legs so Harry could fit.

"You didn't have to do that..." he whispered. "Of course I did. You're my brother and I will always protect you." She motioned for him to get closer and they hugged. "Especially from those rude people we're forced to live with."

"They're our family..." Harry told her. She shook her head. "Family isn't only blood. I don't call them my family...especially that big spoiled lump."

Harry chuckled and she smiled, happy she could make her brother happy in bad times like this. "Well, looks like we're gonna be stuck here for a while..."

── ──

It was nighttime, Harry was fast asleep but Y/n couldn't stop thinking about that letter she had gotten. She slowly and quietly grabbed the letter from its hiding spot and grabbed a small flashlight she had stolen before.

She turned the light on, checking to see if Harry had awoken but he was fast asleep. She continued to read the letter.

"Ms. (first name initial) Potter
The Cupboard Under the Stairs
4 Privet Drive"