{ 82 }

── ──

Friday came and Harry still had detention.
It was the day of tryouts and so, the team was in their uniforms.

Y/n overlooked the sign up sheet and was surprised to see one particular name; Ron Weasley. Though she was looking forward to it.

She knew Ron could play since she would play with the Weasleys at the Burrow. They always made him Keeper.

So it should be fun.

Would it seem biased if she picked him on the spot? Probably.

── ──

Y/n stood in the Quidditch field as more people came along with the team members. Alicia, Fred, George, and Katie stood behind her. She sighed quietly. One player was missing.

Their Seeker.

"We need a replacement Seeker." Y/n told her teammates, looking back at them.

They looked around to the crowd. A few people came to support their friends trying out.

"Let's get Lee in here." Y/n told them. Alicia nodded and mounted onto her broom, flying over to the commentator's box, to tell their friend Lee Jordan that they needed him as a replacement for Seeker.

Y/n nodded firmly once Lee mounted down on his own broom with Alicia. "Alright. Let's get started."

She placed two fingers in her mouth, whistling loudly to catch the attention of all trying out. They immediately quieted down. Y/n could hear the snickering between Fred and George as they noticed that Ron was amongst the crowd.

Y/n cleared her throat and began to speak. "Alright! My name is Y/n Potter and I'm this year's Quidditch team captain. I am a Chaser on the team and behind me are your teammates. Our team's Seeker could not be here today but that's fine... One of you will make it onto the team and today we are going to see who that is. So this is how it's going to go; I am going to call your names one by one and you'll play a match with us to see how well you play with the team. If you cannot get along with your team members then there's no point in you being on the team. Enough said, let's get started."

Y/n looked to her clipboard and called out the first name; "Geoffrey Hooper!" She looked up as Geoffrey stepped up. "The rest of you go sit down and wait for me to call you."

The others went to sit and Geoffrey looked nervous. "You look nervous, are you nervous?" She asked him. "No, it's just... will I get injured? Because I really don't want to get hurt."

"Fred and George make sure you don't." She told him as she walked to the treasure chest. "Mount your brooms. Your objective is to block the quaffle, so don't let Alicia, Katie, or I score." Waving her wand she then released the snitch along with the quaffle.

── ──

Geoffrey's match soon ended when he didn't block a single quaffle from going in. Why? Because he kept whining about getting hurt.

It got to the point where George "accidentally" hit a bludger his way and Geoffrey quit.

Y/n sighed. "Next! Vicky Frobisher!"

── ──

Vicky had real promise but her priorities mostly lied with her Charms Club.

Finally, it was Ron's turn.

"Ron Weasley!" She called out and he slowly mounted onto his broom, flying over.