{ 40 }

── ──

At a table, Hermione was fast asleep and Y/n was sat across from her, reading one of Hermione's many books.

"How is she taking all these classes?" Y/n muttered to herself. "She's overworking herself..."

Ron and Harry soon came in and when they spotted them, they sat at Hermione's sides.

"Shh, she's sleeping." Y/n whispered. They looked to her but Hermione had started to wake up.

"Is it time to go? Which lesson have we got now?" She stammered, panic in her voice.

"Divination, but it's not for another 20 minutes." Harry told her. "Hermione, why didn't you come to charms?" They asked her.

"What? Oh no. I forgot to go to charms." She sighed in disappointment.

"But how could you forget? You were with us until right outside the classroom." Harry said.

Y/n lowered the book, raising her brow whilst looking to the three.

"I don't believe it!" Hermione wailed. "Was Professor Flitwick angry? Oh, it was Malfoy. I was thinking of him and I lost track of things."

"Know what Hermione," Ron spoke. "I reckon you're cracking up, you're trying to do too much." He told her.

"No, I'm not!" She said defensively.

Y/n closed the book in her hands. "You are. Even I didn't take this stuff."

Hermione gathered her bag. "I just made a mistake, that's all. I better go see Professor Flitwick and say sorry." She then left.

Y/n sighed and looked at the two boys. They both seemed worry for their friend.

"Make sure she eats properly and is getting enough rest, will ya?" Y/n stood up. "I should get going, I have Potions soon." She patted their heads and walked out the common room.

── ──

Y/n was stressed to say the least and her stress was manifesting into anger and frustration.

Nonetheless, it kept her mind off of many things. Which she was thankful for.

She had been overworked with homework, studying for O.W.L.S, training with McGonogall, and practicing for the Quidditch final.

She hated how much pressure Oliver was putting on Harry. He constantly reminded him to only catch the snitch if they are up 50 points.

It felt like there was a bit of pressure on her as well. Being a Chaser, she had to make more than 50 points worth of goals.

Alicia, Angelina and her often studied together. But then they'd end up talking about other stuff or the other two would fall asleep while Y/n continued to study. Oftentimes they'd be distracted by their friends George, Fred, and Lee.

Y/n tried to convince/force Fred to study but he'd just fall asleep or begin to play around.

Tension between the two houses was more intense than ever. A Gryffindor 4th year and a Slytherin 6th year ended up in the hospital wing.

Wood had ordered that Harry be accompanied everywhere in case Slytherin tried to do anything to him. Crabbe and Goyle would pop up all the time but they'd be disappointed when they'd see that Harry was not alone.

Y/n honestly needed an excuse to jinx someone or even fight them head on. She wanted to blow some steam off. She was the one to accompany him most, but others enthusiastically wanted to take up the mantle.

── ──

The day before the match, everyone had abandoned all their studies.

Even Hermione.

"I can't work, I can't concentrate." Hermione spoke nervously.

Y/n found herself hanging more and more with her brother and his friends, ever since they visited Hagrid last break.

Fred and George were being more loud and exuberant than ever which was honestly giving Y/n a headache. Oliver was crouched over a model of a Quidditch pitch, muttering like a madman to himself.

Angelina, Alicia, and Katie were laughing at Fred and George's jokes which irked Y/n. Yes they were hilarious but did they have to laugh so obnoxiously.

She clenched her fist and dug her nails into her palm, glaring at the girls. But guilt began to set in when she realized those were her friends just having fun.

Y/n sighed and looked to her brother who looked more nervous than ever. "You're going to be fine." She told him.

"You've got a Firebolt!" Ron and Y/n exclaimed, grinning. "Yeah..." Harry said.

Oliver suddenly stood up and yelled; "team, bed!" And so the team stood up and off they headed to bed.

Y/n laid in bed and stared at the ceiling for what felt like hours before she finally fell asleep.

── ──

The Gryffindor team was met with an enormous amount of applause the next day when they entered the Great Hall.

Fred and George made their way to the front and bowed, thanking everyone. For what? We don't know, possibly for inflating their egos.

Wood urged the team to eat yet never touched anything himself. "At least if he gets hit by a bludger, nothing'll come out." Y/n whispered to Alicia, the two girls giggled.

He then hurried them off the the pitch before anyone else finished, Y/n had to take a piece of bacon for the go.

Everyone clapped again as they left. "Good luck Harry!" The voice of Cho Chang rang. Harry blushed and Y/n noticed, smirking in amusement.

Wood analyzed the pitch then commanded everyone to the changing rooms when they noticed that the rest of the students were coming.

It was time.

They walked out onto the pitch, being met with a deafening amount of cheers.

"And here are Gryffindors!" Lee yelled. "Potter, Potter, Bell, Spinnet, Weasley, Weasley, and Wood! Widely acknowledged as the best side Hogwarts has seen in a good few years."

Slytherin booed.

"And here comes Slytherin team, led by Captain Flint. He's made some changes in line up and seems to be going for size rather than skill."

More boos.

"Captain, shake hands." Madam Hooch said. Wood and Flint shook hands, gripping each other tightly.

"Mount your brooms." She told them.

"3. 2. 1." Her whistle blared and they all kicked off into the air.

The final match had begun.