{ 52 }

── ──

The group finally got to their seats which were high up and they were quite a few inches away from the golden goalpost.

Y/n stood beside Fred as they looked around at the ginormous stadium. They watched as hundreds and thousands of wizards and witches alike came in and took their seats.

"The team mascots will proceed the match." Hermione read from her playbook. "Oh, that's always worth watching. Teams bring native creatures from their land to put on a bit of a show." Arthur explained.

"Like leprechauns, for the Irish. Or veelas, for Bulgaria." Y/n told them, sighing mesmerizingly at the thought of the beautiful creatures known as veelas. "I hope they bring veelas..." she murmured.

"You got a little drool." Fred whispered to her and chuckled. "Oh, really? Do I?" Y/n poked his sides which every word she spoke. "Leave me be."

As time passed on, Arthur was shaking hands with very important wizards that would pass by. Percy kept jumping to his feet.

Cornelius Fudge soon showed up and Percy bowed so low that his glasses fell and shattered. He fixed the glasses and sat.

"Hello, Harry." Fudge greeted. "And hello to you Y/n, how do you do?" He asked them with a smile. "Hello, Minister." Y/n greeted. "Doing splendid."

She smiled and looked to Percy who was giving jealous looks to her and Harry.

"This is Harry Potter." Fudge told the Bulgarian minister. "You know Harry Potter, he's the boy who survived You-Know-Who!"

Clearly there was a language difficulty.

Y/n went back to looking around before spotting something she wished she hadn't. "Ugh, there's Lucius and his no good son. Ooh... his wife sure is pretty." Y/n told the group, muttering the last part to herself.

The others turned to look and they spotted the Malfoys. As conversations went on, Y/n didn't listen to any word people were saying and instead stood beside Fred, clinging to his arm.

"Are you still upset?" She whispered to him. "Of course I am." He huffed but soon sighed when he noticed that his tone of voice had shocked her. "Sorry... yes, I am."

She nodded. "I understand..." she laid her head on his arm, feeling as his body seemed to relax a bit.

── ──

It wasn't long before the Quidditch match had begun and the crowd was roaring with excitement.

"Allow me to introduce the Bulgarian national team mascots!"

As they watched, it seemed Y/n had been correct. A hundred veelas had glided out onto the field and began to dance to music that was being played.

As Y/n watched them, she was mesmerized. All that mattered in the world was that the veelas kept dancing. She felt as if she needed to impress them somehow.

Maybe if I show them my animagus form?
Would it be good enough?

She felt a tap on her shoulder. "What are you doing?" Ginny nearly shouted to her. Y/n blinked and looked around. It seemed the boys had been mesmerized as well. Y/n had been standing and looked as if she was about to jump from the railing.

She quickly took her seat next to Fred who seemed dazed as he was absentmindedly pinning a shamrock to his coat. Y/n chuckled softly and lightly slapped him which took him out his daze.

"Huh?" He quickly muttered, looking at her. "Daydreaming about the veelas?" She teased. He puffed his cheeks. "As if you weren't."

She let out a light "pfft" sound as she nervously laughed. "Of course not!"

"And now put your hands in the for the Irish team national mascot!"

A shamrock formed in the sky and it came to everyone's attention that the shamrock were comprised by none other than leprechauns.

"And now, ladies and gentlemen, I give you the Bulgaria National Quidditch team!"

The announcer went on announcing every player's name as they made their entrance. When Krum came out, Ron absolutely lost it.

"And now, please welcome the Irish National Quidditch team!"

The match had then soon began. The crowd was roaring and buzzing. Excitement rushed through everyone. The Irish scored, leprechauns celebrated. Bulgaria scored, veelas danced.

Krum had dived then pulled back up. He hadn't seen the snitch, he just wanted the Irish seeker to copy him and plummet to the ground.

"I freaking love this sport." Y/n muttered as her eyes glinted with amazement.

── ──

Ireland had won although Krum had caught the snitch. Ireland was 160 points ahead.

As they went back to their campsite, Fred was proudly showing Y/n the money he won from gambling.

"Now, I can get you a real necklace." He told her. "I like this one. It's handmade, makes it more special." She smiled at him then looked to Harry. "Did you like it?"

Harry nodded and grinned. "Yeah!" Y/n grinned. "How cool was Krum?! Oh, and the veelas were so beautiful! And the Irish were amazing!" She spoke on and on, Harry nodded to every word.

"They weren't so pretty when the leprechauns made them angry... I mean, did you see those wings?" Harry told her. Y/n shrugged. "I thought it was pretty cool."

"It's just like before Y/n has breakfast." Fred commented which made Harry laugh.

The group all had a cup of cocoa together before calling it a night. While in bed, Y/n began to dream about what it'd be like if she were a professional Quidditch player.

She wasn't sure if she had fallen asleep. If she had, she had been awoken by the sounds of screaming and running. She jolted from her bed. "Hermione! Ginny! Get up, something's happening!" She shook them and they awoke.

They quickly put on their shoes, a jacket and ran out of their tent. They spotted the boy's coming out from their own tent as well.

A group of hooded figures were marching in the distance with people floating high above them as they contorted into shapes. A woman who was being held up was flipped upside down. Her nightgown slipped down, revealing her drawls and the group below her hooted in glee.

"That's sick!" Ron spat. "That's disgusting." Y/n had spat at the same time.

"We're going to help the Ministry." Arthur told them, referring to himself, Bill, Charlie, and Percy. "You lot go into the woods and stay together!"

"Come on!" Fred told them as he grabbed Ginny's hand and began to pull her towards the woods. Hermione and George followed after them. Y/n pulled Harry and Ron along.

As they kept running into the forest, Y/n joined Fred, George, and Ginny. But Hermione, Harry, and Ron were gone. "Oh, this is bullshit!" Y/n growled angrily and pulled her wand out. "Lumos."

"Where could they be? I just had them." Fred placed a hand on her shoulder. "I'm sure they're fine. They'll be safe."

As they treaded forward, something made them halt. "What is that?" Ginny asked and pointed up.

They looked up.

In the air was a giant green skull with a snake slithering out of its mouth. Y/n lightly gasped in horror as she looked at the skull in the sky.

She covered her mouth, her face pale.

"The Dark Mark..."