{ 49 }

── ──

One morning, during the beginning of the summer, Y/n had made her way downstairs and took notice of the empty dining table. She was up early as usual.

She made her way into the kitchen and set up a bucket of water to boil.

Molly soon made her way into the kitchen. "Morning, dearie." She greeted with a smile on her face as she began to cook up breakfast. "Morning, Molly. Need any help?"

"Oh no, dear, that's alright."

The whole Weasley family had soon awoken and breakfast was ready. Y/n sat at the table beside Ginny and Ron. Across from her were Fred, George and Percy. Molly then served them breakfast and Arthur soon joined them.

The family enjoyed their breakfast, making light conversation and it was filled with joyous laughter and buzzing excitement over the upcoming Quidditch World Cup.

The flapping of wings and pecking sounds at the window made them look over.

"Hedwig!" Y/n stood up and greeted the snow owl, as she let her in. "Hello, Hedwig."

Hedwig hooted in delight and nudged the letter that was tied to her leg towards her. "What is it?" Ron asked from the table.

"A letter from Harry to Ron." Y/n responded as she opened the letter and began to read out loud.

"Dear Ron,
I need help. My cousin Dudley has been forced to go on a diet and therefore the whole family has to go on a diet.

I'm being fed as my uncle Vernon would put it, "rabbit food" and am being expected to survive the summer off of carrot sticks.

Please help me.
With great appreciation, Harry."

Y/n looked up from the letter and to the Weasleys. "He's already a scrawny git." Fred laughed as he joked. "Yeah, any more and he'll be all dried up bones." George added.

"Well, that won't do." Molly tutted.

"I'm going to make a fruitcake and meatpies." She marched off into the kitchen. "I'll send them off with Errol once they're done."

Y/n set the letter down and marched into the kitchen. "I'm going to make him some treacle tart. It's his favorite! Ooh! And some fudge in case he finishes it too fast!" She beamed.

So the two ladies began to cook and bake as the rest continued on to eat their breakfast.

When they were done cooking, they sent the treats out with Errol and Hedwig.

── ──

On Harry's birthday, Molly and Y/n baked Harry a cake then sent it out with Errol.

Harry received 4 cakes that day. One from the Weasleys, one from Hermione, one from Hagrid, and one from Sirius.

── ──

The Quidditch World Cup was nearing.
It was this Monday night. And it was currently Saturday morning.

"Ron, you invited Harry to the Quidditch World Cup, correct?" Molly asked Ron over breakfast. Ron quickly swallowed his food and nodded. "Yes, mum."

"Good, that's good. I just sent a letter through the post!" She was definitely proud of having used muggle ways of mail. "I informed his aunt and uncle, making sure they'll allow him to go. And I told them that he's more than welcomed to stay for the remainder of the holidays, we'll make sure he gets to school. Oh, I do hope I put enough stamps on it."

Insight; she had. She had covered the whole front of the envelope in stamps, the only opening was big enough for her to put in the Dursleys address.

Y/n lifted her head up to look over at Molly. She managed to slightly smile as she chuckled softly, though there was no humor behind her laugh. "Let's hope they allow him... heh..." she puffed her cheeks slightly.

She just knew her aunt and uncle would be outraged at just the sight of the letter. And if the letter mentioned anything about the wizarding world, they would simply lose it.

She knew her uncle had two conclusions to come to. Either, he lets Harry go and make his 14 year old heart happy, plus he'd get rid of him earlier for the rest of the summer. Or deny him this happiness and let him be miserable for the rest of the summer.

Such a tough choice for Vernon Dursley.

Ron nudged her and whispered, "I sent him a letter telling him that dad got the tickets already. I told him we'll go get him whether the muggles like it or not, it's best to seem like we asked for their permission."

Y/n chuckled and kissed his cheek. "Thank you, Ron." She smiled and sipped her tea, humming happily. Ron definitely put her mind at ease.

From across the table, Ron was met with Fred's deadly stare and George's snickers. Ron audibly gulped as he sunk a bit into his chair.

"Hermione's coming this afternoon." Y/n informed the family. "I received her letter, forgot to mention it." She looked up at them, smiling innocently. "She'll be staying with me and Ginny."

Ginny eagerly nodded. "It'll be great to have another girl here!" Y/n nodded. "Indeed."

── ──

Hermione soon arrived that afternoon. Ginny showed her around the Burrow and where'd she'd be sleeping. Ron was waiting for Harry's response to his letter as he sat by the window.

Y/n sat and sipped her tea as she also waited for Harry's response. The wait wasn't long.

Ron's tiny owl—which he had received from Sirius—had came back with Harry's response.  Ron quickly tore the letter open and read quickly. "He can go! The muggles allowed him to go! I'll let him know that we'll pick him up at 5:00 tomorrow!"

Y/n smiled and nodded. "I think you best let your owl rest first, Ron. It's only his first time sending a letter."

Ron nodded. "You're right. I'll wait a few minutes then I'll let him know."

── ──

The next day came.

"Do your aunt and uncle have a fireplace? We'll just use floo powder to get there." Arthur asked Y/n. Y/n nodded. "They do."

"Great!" Arthur beamed. "I'll have the floo network connected to theirs for just the afternoon!" He walked off before Y/n could tell him that the fireplace was boarded up.

5:00 came around.

The Weasleys went into the fireplace. "Come on!" Fred held her close. "No, wait!" He grabbed the floo powder and they were both soon off.

"Ow... Fred!" She hissed in pained, Arthur groaned in pain as well did Ron, George and Fred. "Go back, there's been some kind of mistake." Arthur told him.

"Maybe Harry can hear us dad, maybe he can let us out." Ron spoke up and they began to bang on the wood that blocked the fireplace.

"I told you to wait." Y/n sighed in annoyance as tried to move her crammed body. It was no use. "Whoops." Fred chuckled.