{ 26 }

── ──

The room was silent. There was lots of extra time before the next class.

Fred was sat next to Y/n. Lupin stood at the front of the class, silently staring. Y/n hated this whole moment. She hated that she couldn't defeat her boggart. She hated that the class ended because of herself. She hated the way Fred and Lupin were staring at her waiting for her to say something.

Y/n nibbled on some chocolate, Lupin gave it to her once she calmed down enough to sit.

"Y/n..." Fred murmured softly to her, holding her hand. "Say something..." he pleaded.

She exhaled a soft, ragged breath. "...this chocolate is good..." she spoke softly.

After a while, Y/n stood up. "Come, Fred, we don't wanna be late for class." She told him and was practically about to start dragging him.

Before they could walk out, Lupin called out for her. "Miss Potter!... please, I'd like to have a word." He spoke in a soothing tone.

Fred kissed the top of her head. "I'll be waiting for you... talk to him if you won't talk to me." He told her and walked out the room.

Y/n sighed and turned back to look at Lupin. "Professor, I really am sorry for making you cut class early—" he raised a hand up and cut her off.

"Don't apologize, there's no need." He motioned over to a chair and sat across from it. She sat down. "It's not your fault."

"We can't always face our fears." He told her. She looked down at her feet.

"I'm aware... my fear isn't You-Know-Who, Professor... or dying... it's being weak. I couldn't protect my mother, or Harry from our aunt and uncle, I abandoned him... I want to protect the people I care about... the people I love... they are... to die for." She looked back up at Lupin, meeting his eyes.

"Your mother's death was not your fault. And you protected your brother to the best of your abilities even to this very day. You care deeply about the people you love and you would do anything for them... that doesn't make you weak, Y/n. That's exactly what makes you strong."

Y/n stared, silently. "Thank you Professor..." she stood up.

"I will have to let your head of house know about this, you know that, right?" He informed her. She sighed. "Yeah, I figured..." she turned to walk away.

"Y/n." He called out again. She turned to look at him. "Yes, Professor?" She spoke, curiously. He was silent for a bit. "You're a good student, and person, Miss Potter." He smiled.

She smiled softly, walking out the class, immediately being met with Fred's tall figure.

He looked down at her, flashing her a smile. "Where do you want to go?"

She held his hand, and began to walk towards the Quidditch pitch. He lightly nudged her side and she did so back.

And the moment Y/n Potter walked out Lupin's classroom, he smiled to himself, proud of the young woman his goddaughter had become. "You'd be proud." He muttered to himself as stared up at the ceiling, referring to his two deceased friends, Lily and James.

── ──

Y/n had just turned 1 year old. Her parents were throwing her a birthday party, in the theme of an enchanted forest.

Lily had dressed Y/n in a fairy costume. The wings were (f/c) and she had on a matching little dress. Lily couldn't help but take many pictures of the girl.