{ 89 }

── ──

The balls were released and the fourteen players shot upwards.

"And it's Potter— Potter with the Quaffle! What a player that girl is, I've been saying it for years and she still never went out with me. Or hooked me up with her best frie—"

"JORDAN!"

"—just a fun fact, Professor, adds a bit of interest - and she's ducked Warrington, she's passed Montague, she's — ouch - been hit from behind by a Bludger from Crabbe... Montague catches the Quaffle, Montague heading back up the pitch and - nice Bludger there from George Weasley, that's a Bludger to the head for Montague, he drops the Quaffle, caught by Katie Bell, Katie Bell of Gryffindor reverse-passes to Alicia Spinnet and Spinnet's away—what a girl, isn't she amazing!"

"Spinnet dodges Warrington, avoids a Bludger - close call, Alicia - and the crowd are loving this, just listen to them, what's that they're singing?"

And as Lee paused to listen, the song rose loud and clear from the sea of green and silver in the Slytherin section of the stands: "Weasley cannot save a thing, He cannot block a single ring, That's why Slytherins all sing: Weasley is our King. Weasley was born in a bin. He always lets the Quaffle in, Weasley will make sure we win. Weasley is our King."

"— and Alicia passes back to Y/n!" Lee shouted, trying to drown out the words of the song. "Come on now, Y/n— looks like she's got just the Keeper to beat! - SHE SHOOTS - SHE - aaaah..."

Y/n huffed as Bletchley, the Slytherin Keeper, had saved the goal; he threw the Quaf‐ fle to Warrington who sped off with it, zig-zagging in between Alicia and Katie.

The song only began to get louder.

"and it's Warrington with the Quaffle, Warrington heading for goal, he's out of Bludger range with just the Keeper ahead -"

A great swell of song rose from the Slytherin stands below:

"Weasley cannot save a thing, He cannot block a single ring..."

"- so it's the first test for new Gryffindor Keeper Weasley, brother of Beaters Fred and George, and a promising new talent on the team - come on, Ron!"

But the scream of delight came from the Slytherins' end: Ron had dived wildly, his arms wide, and the Quaffle had soared between them straight through Ron's central hoop.

"Slytherin score!" came Lee's voice amid the cheering and booing from the crowds below, "so that's ten to Slytherin - bad luck, Ron."

The Slytherins sang even louder:

"WEASLEY WAS BORN IN A BIN
HE ALWAYS LETS THE QUAFFLE IN..."

"- and Gryffindor back in possession and it's Katie Bell tanking up the pitch -" cried Lee valiantly, though the singing was now so deafening that he could hardly make himself heard above it.

"WEASLEY WILL MAKE SURE WE WIN WEASLEY IS OUR KING..."

"Harry, WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" Y/n screamed to Harry who was soaring amidst, soaring past him to keep up with Katie. "GET GOING!"

Y/n dashed past as her and Alicia were attempting to retrieve the quaffle from Pucey.

"Come on now, Y/n, you can take him - turns out you can't - but nice Bludger from Fred Weasley, I mean, George Weasley, oh, who cares, one of them, anyway, and Warrington drops the Quaffle and Katie Bell — er - drops it, too - so that's Montague with the Quaffle, Slytherin Captain Montague takes the Quaffle and he's off up the pitch, come on now, Gryffindor, block him!"