{ 9 }

── ──

The next morning, at the Great Hall, the twins were laughing and joking around with Y/n. Things had gone back to normal, yet it was as if some unspoken thing was going on between the trio. It wasn't awkward or anything, they just decided to ignore it.

The day went on quickly.

Y/n would stare longingly at Fred, huffing when he would look at her and smile. How dare he smile at her? That damned smile.

She came up with a plan. Grabbing a piece of parchment, she quickly dipped her quill in ink and wrote a quick note, signed the bottom, crumbled it and tossed it to him. It ended up hitting the back of his head, he quickly looked back at her and she merely grinned.

He unfolded the paper and read it, then looked to her and nodded, grinning.

── ──

"I'm here, what's this about?" Fred questioned the girl as he peered closer to the quidditch field, where she stood.

"I just wanna say... I'm sorry... those things I said, I didn't mean it like that..." she told him. "Of course I love you...you're my best friend." She told him. The two walked closer, hugging each other.

"I know you didn't mean it like that!" He exclaimed, laughing. "I was only messin' around with ya about being upset." He told her. She pulled back, furrowing her brows.

"Seriously?! You wanker." She crossed her arms. "Oh yeah?" He told her. "Yeah!" She exclaimed, sticking her tongue out. He peered closer, picking her up and throwing her over his shoulder.

"Ah, no! Put me down!"
"What's the magic word?" He started spinning them around, holding her by her legs.
"Now!"
"Nope, the magic word was bowtruckle! You failed! Seems you're mine forever!"

She screamed, laughing as well. "I will hex you, Fred Weasley!" He began tickling her side. "I seriously doubt that, love!"

Whilst the two were so enamored by each other's company, they were oblivious to the person watching them as he laughed in delight, grinning deviously.

── ──

"Has anyone seen Harry? It's pretty late." She closed her book, standing up. "I heard from Peeves that he got detention along with Malfoy, Granger, and Longbottom!" Lee told her.

"Harry got what?! He's barely a first year and he's already causing trouble? He might as well be related to Fred and George." She said, crossing her arms. She then felt two pairs of strong arms around her shoulders. "I don't think he qualifies—" "He's missing the good looks."

"I've got those covered for him and I." She replied, huffing and puffing her cheeks. "First years...they remind me of us. Ron, Harry, and Hermione."

"Yeah, but we're the better looking ones."
"You're not wrong."

Y/n yawned. "I'm heading to bed. Goodnight, my boys. I'll see you in the morning." She headed to her dorm, immediately knocking out once she landed on the bed.

── ──

Days passed. Many, many days. She visited Harry a few times in the hospital wing but he never was awake, he hadn't woken up.

His friends had left him sweets for when he awakes. She left him a batch of fudge, made with Molly's recipe. Using magic, she casted s spell that would keep the fudge preserved so they'll taste the same when he awakes.

She would stay until Madam Pomfrey would tell her that visiting hours were over. Without a word, Y/n would walk out and back to her dorm. She didn't speak to anyone. She was scared about losing the only real family she had left. The Dursleys wouldn't care.

"Y/n!" She could hear Fred calling her name. She was packing her luggage. She was all set and ready to go. Picking her up book, she walked out the room. "Come to the feast!" He told her.

"What's the point? Gryffindor lost anyways." She said, rather broody as she walked down the stairs, clutching her book to her chest. He frowned slightly, wanting to cheer her up. "C'mon, let's just go!" He urged on.

So they did go. And when she got there, she noticed Harry. Alive and well. She immediately grinned, running towards the Gryffindor table and hugged Harry from behind. "I was so scared of losing you!" She exclaimed, looking at him. "How could you be so stupid and nearly getting yourself killed?!" She yelled at him, smacking his arm with her book before going back to hugging him.

Dumbledore then started to speak.

"Another year gone. As now as I understand it, the house cup needs awarding. And the points stand thus; in fourth place Gryffindor with 312 points. Third place, Hufflepuff with 352 points. Second place, Ravenclaw with 426 points. And in first place with 472 points, Slytherin."

The Slytherin table broke out into loud cheers, every other house into slow claps.

"Yes, well done Slytherin, well done Slytherin. However, recent events must be taken into account. And I have a few last minute points to award."

They all shared a confused look.

"To Miss Hermione Granger for cool use of intellect while others were in grave apparel, 50 points. Second, to Mister Ronald Weasley for the best played game of chess that Hogwarts has seen these many years, 50 points. And third, to Mister Harry Potter for pure nerve and outstanding courage, I award Gryffindor house, 60 points."

They all cheered loudly, Y/n wrapping her arm around his shoulder. They were tied with Slytherin.

"And finally, it takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to your enemies. But a great deal more to stand up to your friends. I award 10 points to Neville Longbottom."

That meant-

The banners turned from green and silver to red and gold.

"Gryffindor wins the House Cup!"

They all stood up, tossing their hats into the air and cheered loud as they could.

── ──

As they made their way to the train station, Y/n held Harry closely with an arm wrapped around his shoulder. "You're not gonna go back with the Dursleys, are you?" Harry asked her.

"No... I'm not, I have a new home with the Weasleys now... BUT, I will visit and write. And if they give you any trouble, you send me a letter and I'll come straight away." She reassured him.

"I think I'm gonna be fine. They don't know I'm not allowed to use magic out of school." Harry told her, chuckling softly.

She chuckled softly, kissing the top of his head. "I should get going. See ya, Harry. Come by The Burrow soon!" She called out to him as she ran over to where the Weasleys were waiting for her.

And that marked the end of Harry's first year and Y/n's third year.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
End of Year 3