{ 29 }

── ──

Around three in the morning, as all students had managed to go to sleep, Professor Dumbledore came in to check on the students.

Y/n, who had been staring at the enchanted ceiling, quickly pretended to be asleep when she had heard the doors open.

"Any sign of him Professor?" She heard Percy's voice ask in a hushed whisper. "No.. all well here?" Dumbledore asked. "Everything under control, sir." Percy responded.

"Good, there's no point moving them all now. I found a temporary guardian for the Gryffindor portrait hole. You'll be able to move them back in tomorrow."

"And the Fat Lady, sir?"

"Hiding in a map of Argyllshire on the second floor. She refused to let Black in without the password so he attacked. She's still very distressed but once she's calmed down, I'll have Mister Filch restore her."

Y/n heard the door creek open again and more footsteps. "Headmaster." It was Snape.

"The whole third floor has been searched." He spoke in his monotone voice. "Not there. And Filch is done in the dungeons, nothing there either."

"What about the Astronomy tower? Professor Trelawney's room? The owlery?"

"All searched."

"Very well, Severus. I didn't really expect Black to linger."

"Have you any theory as to how he got in Professor?"

"Many, Severus. Each of them as unlikely as the next."

"You remember the conversation we had, don't you Professor? Right before the start of the term." Snape spoke. "I do, Severus." Dumbledore spoke almost in a warning tone. "It seems Black couldn't have entered without receiving inside help."

"I do not believe that a single person in this castle would have helped Black enter it." Dumbledore responded. "I must go down to the dementors, I said I would inform them when our search is complete."

"Didn't they want to help, sir?" Asked Percy. "Oh yes, but I'm afraid no dementor will cross the threshold of this castle while I am Headmaster." He spoke.

The Professors made their way out of the Great Hall and Y/n felt like she could finally breathe again.

Y/n's chest heaved lightly as she stared at ceiling. She turned her head, her eyes landing on Fred's sleeping face.

So calm as strands of his hair covered his face. Light snores escaped him and Y/n couldn't help but chuckle softly to herself. She lightly pushed his hair out of his face and softly kissed his cheek, a small smile making its way onto his face but he remained asleep.

Y/n decided she should get at least a bit of sleep and she shut her eyes, sleep overtaking her in a matter of seconds.

── ──

It was quiet within the waiting room of St. Mungo's. Every once in a while, a man would ask questions to another man.

"Is the baby out yet?" He would ask. The other would simply sigh and respond, "not yet, Pads.", as he paced back and forth, rocking a girl in his arms.

The girl was fast asleep, hugging the man's neck. Another man came running towards them. "Is the baby out yet?" He asked, trying to catch his breath.

"No, not yet, did you run here?" The man with the child asked. "Y—" he huffed. "Yes."

The child awoke at the sound of the man's voice. "Moony..." she croaked, opening her eyes and looking towards the breathless man.