{ 81 }

── ──

Y/n burst into the common room with excitement but the atmosphere did not greet her well.

Everyone was tense and looking at two people; Harry and Seamus. Y/n stepped closer and she saw the Daily Prophet on the table. She spotted Fred sitting on a table and she sat next to him, the two glancing at each other before looking at the two boys.

"Me Mam didn't want me to come back this year." Seamus stood, looking to Harry. "Why not?" Harry asked him.

"Let me see, uh, because of you." He shot at him. "The Daily Prophet's been saying a lot of things about you, Harry. And about Dumbledore as well."

"What, your mum believes them?" Harry slightly scoffed. "Well, nobody was there the night Cedric died."

"Well then you should read the Prophet like your stupid mother, it'll tell you everything you need to know."

"Don't you dare talk about my mother like that!" Seamus spat back.

"I'll have a go at anyone who call me a liar."

Ron soon walked in, wearing his Prefects badge. "What's going on?" He asked.

"He's mad is what's going on!" Seamus spouted, pointing to Harry. Y/n furrowed her eyebrows. "Do you believe the rubbish that's coming out of his mouth about You-Know-Who?"

"Yeah, I do." Ron responded. "Does anyone else have a problem with Harry?"

The common room stayed silent and Harry walked away, Ron following after him.

The common room then went back to normal.

"Soo... uhh... on lighter news," Y/n began to speak, facing her friends; George, Alicia, Angelina, Lee and Fred. "I'm the new Quidditch team captain!" She grinned and her group of friends immediately began to cheer.

George and Fred lifted her up, chanting her name and congratulating her. The remaining people in the common room heard the news and began to cheer for her as well.

"Speech, oh, wise one!" Lee exclaimed. "Oh, powerful one, bestow upon us words of encouragement during these trying times!" Alicia added.

The two were such a dramatic duo.

Fred and George placed her down on the table, she was now looking overhead at everyone. Everyone was waiting for her to say something.

"Uhh..." Y/n couldn't think of anything to say. "Well, unlike Oliver Wood, I won't make us train while the sun isn't even out yet–"

Those on the team cheered.

"Shush!" She silenced them and they obliged. "Thank you. Although, I will make sure to make the most of my final year and make sure to beat those stinking Slytherins to the ground!"

The common room cheered.

"I want to leave Hogwarts proud of our team, and I know that I will because I'll make sure of it. Through unity and teamwork we'll stand strong and whatnot–" she was running out of words to say. "And, fuck it, I'll do my very best to live up to the legacy of Oliver Wood and give you all the best damn plays you've ever seen!" She grinned and the common room got riled up, chanting her name.

Fred held his hand up for her to take and she did as he carefully helped her down the table. "You have such a way with words, I was definitely feeling inspired." She rolled her eyes. He gently kissed her which caught her off guard but she didn't mind as she kissed him back.

"You'll be great, I know it." He smiled encouragingly at her. She nodded before facing him sternly.

"Yeah... we need a new Keeper, and tryouts are on Friday at five. You know what, I want the whole team there." She looked at Fred, George, and Alicia. "See how well our newcomer plays with the team. I'll inform Katie and Harry."