{ 63 }

── ──

It was midnight and without anyone noticing, Y/n had snuck off after the feast.

She waited by Hagrid's hut in the trees, hanging upside down. She waited for the sound of footsteps that seemed to have no bodily attachment.

For that would mean that her brother was there hidden underneath his invisibly cloak.

She heard knocking on the door, but no was there which could only mean that Harry had arrived.

Hagrid opened the door and kept shushing Harry anytime Harry would speak.

"Come with me, keep quiet, an' keep yerself covered with that cloak." Hagrid told Harry and they walked into the night.

The bat quietly flew after them, and came to a stop right above them in a tall tree.

They had stopped right at the Beauxbatons carriage. Hagrid knocked on the door to the carriage and Madam Maxime opened it.

"Ah, 'Agrid, is it time?" She asked.
"Bong-sewer." Hagrid beamed as he held his hand out to her.

It seemed Hagrid had the same surprise for Madam Maxime as he had for Harry.

The two walked, Harry followed under his cloak and Y/n flew after them.

"Where is it you are taking me, 'Agrid?" Madam Maxime asked. "Yeh'll enjoy this. On'y don' go tellin' anyone i showed yeh, yeh're not s'posed ter know." He spoke gruffly.

"Of course not." She responded.

They went further ahead until the lake was out of sight. Men were shouting up ahead, then came an ear splitting roar.

Y/n flew closer, a bit ahead of Hagrid and Madam Maxime. For a moment it seemed as if there was a bonfire and men around it.

But Y/n soon realized it wasn't a bonfire.

Dragons... actual dragons.

Four, fully grown dragons. A blue one. A green one. A red one. And a black one. All were vicious looking with their razor sharp teeth and all chained up.

Y/n was mesmerized at the dangerous, wild creatures. Many wizards were struggling to control them. She flew to get a bit closer.

She wanted a closer look.

"It's no good! Stunning spells on the count of three!" A man yelled. Each dragon keeper pulled their wands out. She recognized one of the men as Charlie Weasley.

Before being stunned, the black dragon roared loudly as it looked up into the sky, a trail of its fiery breath lighting the sky up.

The flames reached up 20 feet.
20 feet high enough to reach Y/n's bat figure.

The loud, shrill shrieking of a bat filled the sky as her wing had been burned. She quickly flew away, far enough from the crowd and to the lake.

Flying down onto the ground, she shifted back into her human form. "Fuck, fuck!" She hissed and winced loudly in pain, as she looked to her arm. The area that had been burned was a fiery red color.

She winced as she slowly made her way closer to the lake water. Kneeling beside the water, she gathered more and more in her hand, as she threw it onto her arm which would cause her to wince even more.

"Madam Pomfrey can heal it... yeah..." she reassured herself, exhaling deeply through her nose. "She'll... she'll heal it in no time..."

Her ear began to perk up, instinctively shifting into a bat's ear.

"Mum was already having kittens about him." She heard Charlie's voice. He began to imitate her voice. "How could they let him enter the tournament, he's too young! I thought they were all safe, I thought there was going to be an age limit! She was in floods after that article about him. 'He still cries about his parents! Oh bless him, I never knew! And what he said about Y/n, oh, the poor dears."

Y/n sighed, pushing her hair back. The stinging pain in her arm began to irritate more. So with that, she set off back to the castle in her bat form, flying a bit unsteadily seeing as the use of one of her wings was currently unavailable.

── ──

After seeing Madam Pomfrey and getting something for her arm, she made her way back to the common room.

At the moment, all she wanted to do was sleep. She wanted to forget the day.

Her argument with Harry.
The pain in her arm. The pain in her heart.

"Balderdash." Y/n mumbled as she reached the portrait of the Fat Lady. "If you say so." She replied sleepily as she swung open.

Harry had quickly turned to look back at who came in. He seemed relieved that it was just Y/n and not a professor, or other student.

"Hey, Paddy." Y/n softly spoke as she made her way up the stairs to her dorm.

"Hello, Y/n. What's with the bandaged arm?" He asked, worry in his voice.

"A spell backfired on me, burned my arm." She quickly said and walked into her dorm, setting off on her bed and falling asleep the moment her head hit the pillow.

But Harry was suspicious.

He had heard an all too familiar screech out by the dragons and now his sister's arm was burned.

But his thoughts were interrupted when he began to hear footsteps coming down the stairs. Sirius left with a sudden pop and Harry whipped his head to see who had came down the stairs.

And it was Ron.

── ──

On Sunday morning, Y/n awoke early and made her way to breakfast. She saw Ron who had a tiny bruise on his forehead.

"Ron, what happened to you?" She asked him as she made her way to him, sitting across from him. "It's nothing." He muttered, but he did—not so subtly—glance towards the direction of Harry and Hermione.

Something happened between them.

"What happened to your arm?" He asked, looking at the bandage on her arm.

"It's nothing, just a bit of burning." She replied. "Madam Pomfrey fixed up the pain, she says the burn mark will go away soon."

Ron nodded at her words as he ate his porridge. "There's my favorite lady in the world!" Fred's cheerful voice alarmed Y/n of his presence as he came up to her side, wrapping his arm around her shoulder, which caused her to wince.

"Don't let your mother hear that." She chuckled half-heartedly. "What's wrong?" He asked.

"Do you never get tired of asking me that? I burned myself, that's it." Y/n ate her porridge as Fred stared at her for a while.

"Alright, hope it gets better. And if not, you'll have a wicked scar." He smirked. She chuckled softly, nodding gently. "You're absolutely right."

"You two make me sick." Ron groaned.

Fred stared right at his brother, deadpanned. "Then puke." He told him, smirking soon after.