{ 67 }

── ──

Term ended and Y/n spent the days leading up to Christmas with her friends and enjoying herself.

And every night, she found herself thinking of Fred. Regardless of the piles of homework she had been left with.

But, she also found herself bothered by the single thought of something.

'Why is Professor Moody drinking Polyjuice Potion? Or whoever it is impersonating him... and why are they? Or who are they?'

Perhaps she'd smell polyjuice potion from Snape's classroom. Perhaps it wasn't from Professor Moody at all.

But that wouldn't make sense. Snape wouldn't be making Polyjuice Potion, and she definitely smelled it from somewhere.

── ──

One afternoon, the Gryffindors found themselves in the Great Hall. The room was empty, boys on the right and girls on the left. Professor McGonagall stood in the middle of the room.

"This has been a tradition of the Triwizard Tournament since its inception. On Christmas Day night, we and our guests gather in the Great Hall for a night of well mannered frivolity. As representatives of the host school, I expect each and every one of you to be well behaved. I will not have you besmirching our name by behaving like a babbling, bumbling, band of baboons." She warned them.

Y/n looked over to Fred and George. She didn't know what they were saying, but all she saw was them talking back and forth, repeating a phrase quickly, over and over again.

She couldn't help but giggle at their foolishness.

"To dance is to let the body breathe." McGonagall explained. "Inside every girl, a secret swan is longing to burst and take flight."

'I'm more of a bat.'

"And inside every boy, a lordly lion prepared to prance." She turned and faced the boys. "Mister Weasley, will you join me please?" She held a hand out to Ron.

When Ron hesitated to stand, McGonagall took ahold of his shirt and gently pulled him up. Y/n could see Harry pushing Ron forward, a grin on his face which caused Y/n to laugh.

Ron and McGonagall stood in the middle of the room. "Now place your right hand on my waist." She told him. "Where?" Ron asked, sounding absolutely astounded. "My waist."

From the boy's side, a whistling noise was made which caused everyone to laugh. Fred and George could be heard making comments and laughing at their brother's misery.

Y/n, feeling a stare from across the room, looked over at them and noticed Fred making gestures. He pointed over to McGonagall and Ron before motioning to himself and her.

'You and me.'

He was basically saying, 'that's us'. Y/n nodded in agreement, the two smiling in response.

McGonagall and Ron then began to dance around the room. Ron looked miserable and embarrassed whereas McGonagall continued to count their steps, '1. 2. 3.'

"Everybody come together!" McGonagall ordered the students. The girls were quick to step up. Y/n was dragged towards the middle by her friends Alicia and Angelina.

"Boys, on your feet!" McGonagall shouted to the boys who didn't dare stand. Until one did.

Neville Longbottom was the first to stand and he made his way over to Ginny Weasley, nervously asking her to dance. She accepted and they both began to dance, awkwardly, but still they danced.